Plugin latency in PunchBOX

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
pottering

Plugin latency in PunchBOX

Post by pottering » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Hello,

Recently, a artist named Multiplier posted a video where it uses PunchBOX to talk about "Why You Need to Bounce Plugins to Audio".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnkvYKm ... e=youtu.be

I researched and seems this is very common, plugin instruments that don't bother reporting very low latency.

(Multiplier does touch on being the plugins, and yours not being an exception at all, but haters are many, and they have selective hearing.)

Still, I think drum plugins SHOULD report it, I saw many artist's tuto videos and they are VERY anal about drum transient's timing.

May be placebo BS for such small latency, but they are measuring, making vids about it, and comparing plugins, so better safe than sorry IMO.

Sebastian@d16

Re: Plugin latency in PunchBOX

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:53 am

Hi,

All our plug-ins report latency to a host app, even if it's only 1 sample only (like Antresol). Problem is how the DAWs take it (if at all) into account. I'm not sure how the Live's freeze function works if you do that for a single track. Supposedly Live takes into account latencies from all chains (from all tracks) if you do mixdown complete song (or few tracks of it), but not sure how it behaves when you do freeeze / bounce for a single track. Will check it out though. Thank you for pointing that out.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:12 am

It's me again ;) ok, just checked this using our latest plug-ins and seems they're behave well, the compensation works nice for freeze / flatten function. Need to check out Sigmund (which is featured in this video) then, because it's problem with this particular plug-in.

Cheers,
Seb
Last edited by Sebastian@d16 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:25 am

Hi,

Ok, it's confirmed. This is problem with Sigmund and its outdated framework. Newer plug-ins based on the most recent version of our VST framework works perfectly if comes to latency compensation in all possible scenarios (mixdown, freezing track). So the only thing is now waiting until all older D16 plug-ins will be updated.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

paulo_r

Post by paulo_r » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 am

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

romanski

Post by romanski » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:53 am

But what about punchbox? ive checked Big kick rendering and the rendered kick is straight on the grid while rendered kick from the punchbox is off the grid.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 am

Hi,

The video referred to Sigmund, so I wanted to address my reply to it. As for the PunchBox and latency during export; it is something completely and has nothing to do with Host Latency Compensation, It's entirely on our own (host doesn't participate here), it is a bug we can admit it and we're going to fix this in upcoming update.

Kind regards,
Sebastian