64 bit version does not work

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Mr.Burgundy

64 bit version does not work

Post by Mr.Burgundy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:16 pm

Hello audiofreaks,

I recently bought the awesome Punchbox VST. I managed to get it working in Studio one. The big problem is that the 64 bit version doesn't show up in my Ableton Live 9. The version that works in my Studio One DAW is the 32 bit version. I had to remove the 64 bit version of Studio One and install the 32 bit version. Because of this, my other VST such as Massive do not work anymore in the 32 bit version of Studio One. My Windows 10 is 64 bit as well.

another thing i don't know: how do I preview the kick i'm making. Now i have to export the kick to a drum rack to listen to what i'm doing.

I hope you guys and gals can help me. It's really frustrating that Punchbox doenst show up in Ableton since I use that DAW the most. I tried anything i could think of. nothing works.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Sebastian@d16

Re: 64 bit version does not work

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi there,
I recently bought the awesome Punchbox VST. I managed to get it working in Studio one. The big problem is that the 64 bit version doesn't show up in my Ableton Live 9. The version that works in my Studio One DAW is the 32 bit version. I had to remove the 64 bit version of Studio One and install the 32 bit version. Because of this, my other VST such as Massive do not work anymore in the 32 bit version of Studio One. My Windows 10 is 64 bit as well.
First of all make sure the custom VST path in your Live x64 configuration is set exactly to the location where PunchBox 64bit is installed into? (that's most common problem). We have no trouble at all running all our plug-ins in Live 9 (both 64bit and 32bit).
another thing i don't know: how do I preview the kick i'm making. Now i have to export the kick to a drum rack to listen to what i'm doing.
I'm not sure what setup do you have, but PunchBox is VST instrument, so anything that sends MIDI notes will be sufficient to preview the sounds you're creating. Just any MIDI keyboard and armed MIDI track with PunchBox on it will be ok, in Ableton Live even computer keyboard can be used as MIDI keboard (just need to familiarize with the layout).

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Mr.Burgundy

Post by Mr.Burgundy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:50 pm

hello Sebastian,

I have a Custom VST folder for all my plugins. All of the plugins in that folder work properly. In the folder called VST Plugins I have a Separate folder called Punchbox. In that folder is the punchbox.dll file. I tried a lot of things like changing the name of the .dll file to punchbox(64bit).dll and moving the file to different locations. I hope you can provide me a solution to my problem. I simply cannot wait to use your amazing plugin.

Kind regards

Bas Corver

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:23 am

Hi,

Please tell me the file size the PunchBox.dll file (in bytes) sitting in your custom VST folder so I can be sure the binary it's appropriate for 64bit host. Could you also make a screenshot of your Live's config (Preferences -> File Folder tab) + another one with the contents of your VST folder (it can be opened in file explorer), please attach both here in a post.

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Mr.Burgundy

Post by Mr.Burgundy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Hello Sebastian,

I cannot add attachments to the thread. It says: the board attachment quota has been reached.

The .dll file of punchbox is 6022 kB. I hope i can add the attachments soon.

kind regards

Bas Corver

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Ahoy,

Please contact me then using helpdesk.d16.pl (by submitting the ticket and refer to this discussion so noone else from our staff intercepts it) thank you, there you'll be able to attach screenshots. Also tell me the file size in bytes, so I could know it precise.

Kind regards,
Sebastian