Drumazon (and Nepheton) UI different sizes ?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions

Drumazon (and Nepheton) UI different sizes ?

Postby sino17 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi there! First time here.

Tried Drumazon and Nepheton and really liked products however i have pre purchase question.

Will Drumazon and or Nepheten ever receive UI overhaul in same sense as Lush? Drumazon is damn fine product by itself however on my 4k monitor it is really really small and tiny. Hard to work with. Lush have option to enlrage UI. Drumazon and Nepheton don't (as far as i can see).

My question to D16 developers is - will Drumazon and Nepheton receive UI scaling updates ?

And if that is the case - what is estimated timeframe for this? Any ETA?

Kind regards
sino17

Re: Drumazon (and Nepheton) UI different sizes ?

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi,

We're going to make this happen, but not in version 1.x. Very likely it's going to be feature of next gen machines (2.x). Another thing is that we haven't set any time frame yet for Classic Boxes 2.0.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Postby sino17 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:19 am

Well that is certainly very exciting news for me. I never heard for v2 generation?? Ok you don't have ETA could you at least talk about what it will be? New sound engine? Improved instruments or what?

Please don't take this as offence but as a proud owner of several real boxes and proud amateur of VST plugin experimentation i can say that your 909 Drumazon kick is very close but not the same. Hihats are entirely different (especially envelopes) and clap need improvement. Maybe it's due Roland famous copyright claim?

I want to clarify that i am stunned by Druamzon as well because it is great. Awesome. But if you introduce new and improved engines then this is superb!!! Glad you guys have larger UI on TO DO list.

Keep up the good work and respect!!
sino17

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:03 am

Hi,

Well that is certainly very exciting news for me. I never heard for v2 generation?? Ok you don't have ETA could you at least talk about what it will be? New sound engine? Improved instruments or what?

Yes, we didn't announce that outside this small community of ours mostly because we don't have any tight schedule for its development set yet and probably until we deal with more urgent and higher priority tasks around here, we won't start working on those new versions of drum machines. The whole idea for the version 2 of whole Classic Boxes Collection is to add those of the features we've been gathering along the years from our users, that would affect the compatibility (in all aspects) with current versions, namely couldn't be added in 1.x updates. These new features cover improvements in sound engine, rebuild sequencer, more convenient pattern export (via drag'n'drop), some additions to the processing path (like built-in effects) and so on.

Please don't take this as offence but as a proud owner of several real boxes and proud amateur of VST plugin experimentation i can say that your 909 Drumazon kick is very close but not the same. Hihats are entirely different (especially envelopes) and clap need improvement. Maybe it's due Roland famous copyright claim?

Of course we don't take it as offence, no worries.The differences in sound between the 909 you posses and Drumazon can be mostly a result of the fact that there are some design alternations in TR-909 series (e.g. parts used). On the top of that even specimens from one particular series could sound differently one to another due to some calibration variations. That of course doesn't exclude some weak spots in the Drumazon's emulations as well, but you need to be aware that our sound engine is based on specimens we posses and the sound Drumazon produce reflects sound nature of those particular machines. We are going to revise entirely Drumazon signal path in version 2.0 though.

Thank you for your input and also for kind words about our products :D

Cheers,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Return to DRUMAZON