Phoscyon | How to change the bpm?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
nicknuclear

Phoscyon | How to change the bpm?

Post by nicknuclear » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:00 pm

In Phoscyon, I cannot change the bpm. Yes I have RTFM. Even with the internal clock engaged, I cannot interact with it. I am using Logic Pro 10 on Apple’s Maverick OS. Still, that shouldn't matter as it is an internal function. Is there something I’m missing here or a workaround I can use to change the BPM in the display. I have used all my tricks to change it. Thanks everyone.

Sebastian@d16

Re: Phoscyon | How to change the bpm?

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:20 am

Hi,

If you want to use internal tempo clock, first you need to enable Internal synchornization (Int. Sync LED in SEQ section on GUI). To be able to change the tempo you need to switch to Pattern Edit mode (Patt. Write button) then you will be able to tweak tempo value. Tempo values are set per pattern, that means you can have different tempos set for each pattern.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

nicknuclear

Post by nicknuclear » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi S,

Yes, I did all that before. I just can't engage the BPM tempo display to change in the same way I can change the name in the pattern control and edit box with the write function on. I have tried the arrow keys, right-click, numeric-keys, tapping the display. What am I missing? Thanks for the quick reply. I have the Phoscyon 1.8.0 version. This is the last tweak I need, as I have resolve all other composing issues with your software to work in Pro Logic 10.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Hi ,

Is the tempo value displayed at all?

Thanks,

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:34 am

Dragging over mouse pointer over the display with left click should change the value on the tempo's display.

nicknuclear

Post by nicknuclear » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Cool. That was it. S, just a suggestion. You may want to re-examine the way the GUI handles inputing tempo change. It's odd how the mouse needs to be over the individual digits to move them up and down in the display. Unlike other time-based software I work with anyway. Or maybe, I am the only one who had this problem. By the way. I bought Phoscyon back in 2010 when I was working in ProTools8 and never got it to work well, even with "Vst To Rtas Adaptor V2.1." What a PIA. Now in Logic 10, I can finally control your beast. I always liked the idea of your software but now I am really digging it in a pragmatic way and producing. Very good quality TB303 emulator. You have been very supportive and a gentleman in all things D16. Thanks-Nick Spencer

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:25 am

Hi Nick,

We just though this way of entering the desired tempo value is more efficient, while you are able to change digits individually rather than using whole display as single control / knob. We believe that way setting up the tempo is more precise, but surely we'll consider and look for better implementation of the approach maybe (probably lack of knob or button may mislead user to think the display is read-only). About the ProTools compatibility, that's what we're currently working on. ProTools has its own plug-in format and wrapping VST or AU into ProTools is not very good solution. There are always some technological differences between plug-in formats wrapper needs to deal with and wrapped will never guarantee 100% compatibility and stability. We've been, for some time, working on native AAX versions of our plug-ins and they should be released pretty soon making our plug-ins being fully compatible with ProTools.

Kind regards,
Sebastian