how do i modulate layer panning with lfo?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
gonzogonzo

how do i modulate layer panning with lfo?

Post by gonzogonzo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:40 pm

how do i modulate layer panning with lfo1 and/or lfo 2?
i am sure it is simple to do but i can see no way to programm this somehow...

thx

Examigan

Re: how do i modulate layer panning with lfo?

Post by Examigan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:22 pm

I was just trying to figure this out. The pad preset called "Air" has a panning effect on the sound, so was using that one to track down how it works.

Edit: Whoops actually that one (I finally figured out) has the Phaser on under "Insert Effect", and it pans the sound from left to right.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 am

Hi,

You can also use tremolo effect as an insert with Stereo spread parameter set to max. It will make the sound will flow from the Left channel to the Right and back.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Examigan

Post by Examigan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,

You can also use tremolo effect as an insert with Stereo spread parameter set to max. It will make the sound will flow from the Left channel to the Right and back.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Thanks Sebastian :) That works well.

Is there a way to use the LFO to do that though? If not, can that be added as an idea/suggestion for an update?
It would be nice to use the square wave from the lfo and even the random setting. Then it would also save that insert effect section for maybe a chorus or flanger, etc.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:05 am

Hi,

You're welcome and thank you for suggestion. The problem is the LFOs in LuSH-101 work in "per polyphony voice" manner, while Panorama parameter in Layer's properties works "per layer". Those two simply cannot work together. We could consider adding an extra parameter, like "Voice Panorama", which wouldn't appear on GUI, but it could be affected by LFO. We'll think about that.

Cheers,
Sebastian