FEATURE REQUEST HERE

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Sebastian@d16

Re: FEATURE REQUEST HERE

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:00 am

Hi guys,

Thank you for all the suggestions and ideas how to develop further our latest baby! I just wanted to comment on the suggestion about adding LFO and Envelopes as additional sources for modulation matrix. I'm afraid this won't happen, because it'd increased CPU usage so significantly that the plug-in itself wouldn't be usable, unless you had limited using it to single layer. We'll yet reconsider this, but i'm 90% certain this feature won't appear within one of upcoming 1.x updates.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Last edited by Sebastian@d16 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am

Really, it's fine just how it is =o]
SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . JP-08 . TT-303 . Bass Station . Eurorack Modular . Push

blacker

Post by blacker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but is it possible to quickly copy one layer to another? For example, I might get something going on one layer, and just want to thicken that sound up by doubling it up and tweaking it. I realise you could save as a timbre, then load in the next layer, but it would be cool to right-click on layer one button, choose copy then paste in the same way to the new layer.
It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:24 am

Hi,

It's possible to copy settings from one Layer onto the other, Prev and Next buttons in Timbre browsing section have a little labels below them "Copy" and "Paste". It means you can alter their functionality with CTRL key pressed on a keyboard (or if you use Mac OS with CMD button). Basically those two buttons can be used to store the current Layer in the copy buffer and to paste the buffer over the currently selected Layer.

Best regards,
Sebastian

blacker

Post by blacker » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Aha! I should have noticed that - excellent, thanks.
It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Any chance of a single layer version with no fx?

More of a Micro-LuSH perhaps.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

We're considering making such a version of LuSH-101 :)

Best regards
Sebastian

alpha604

Post by alpha604 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

We're considering making such a version of LuSH-101 :)

Best regards
Sebastian
This would be fantastic. I prefer using my external effects and multiple tracks in my DAW instead of the Layers in LuSH. Just release something more synthy and less ReBirthy.

The GUI and sound are what sold me on LuSH (edit: as a new 101 emulator to replace TAL Bassline). The layers and effects are cool, but usually just get in the way and make me feel like I payed for way more than what I am using... it's like driving a truck to a coffeehouse in Barcelona or L.A. because you can't find a decent bicycle... or something.

It would be fun to see LuSH released as a standalone product (edit: in addition to a 1-layer version) with a pattern sequencer on each layer with program banks. Maybe the synth engines could be like modules, so you could drop in a LuSH or Phoscyon module on a layer, then add a sampler, drum machine, etc... FXpansion has something similar with "Fusor", but based on the layout of LuSH, I bet D16 could make something more intuitive. That would be amazing for brainstorming and plane rides, and even live performance.

alpha604

move or change color of "overwrite"?

Post by alpha604 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Can the "Overwrite" button in the Save Changes dialog box be moved or colored red? I keep almost clicking that instead of the discard button because they look so similar.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:38 am

Hi,

Sounds good :) I've just added it to our ToDo list. We'll differentiate color themes for confirming buttons (like "Confirm", "Ok", "Save", "Overwrite") and canceling buttons (like "Cancel", "Discard", "Close").

Best regards,
Sebastian

vol

Post by vol » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:48 pm

please connecting :D

ENV,LFO → Supersaw - DETUNE,AMT

Sorry, I don't understand English. :oops:

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi,

At the moment i'm afraid we won't do that, because that'd increase CPU usage greatly (processing Mod Matrix would have to be performed every sample, so much often than now it is).

But when we figure out how to provide multi core support for LuSH-101 to be working on Mac and PC as well, we'll reconsider your idea.

Best regards,
Sebastian

onesnzeros

Post by onesnzeros » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:52 am

I'd like a single layer version, and the ability to switch off the modified patch warning.
The multi-timbre architecture, together with the lack of multicore support is a killer, i just can't believe there is no mono-timbral version. :shock:

I have 2 very powerful computers (Win & OSX) and what I would consider the best ASIO drivers available (RME) but i still can't get the most out of this synth.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi,

@onesnzeroes: We'll consider you idea of making "crippled" version of LuSH-101 with single layer without the mixer. But keep in mind that we're currently doing a research for best possible method of providing multicore support to our software and by that making LuSH-101 way more bearable to current CPUs.

Best regards,
Sebastian

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:02 pm

I really like the demo version except one thing.
Why on earth is 1/3 of the real estate used for a keyboard?
Drop the keyboard and up the scale of the rest.

I fixed it for you. All made larger, also rearranged the mixer to a more industry standard.
Synth layout

mixer layout
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."