FEATURE REQUEST HERE

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
andivax

FEATURE REQUEST HERE

Post by andivax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:31 pm

1) cpu hog
2) up/down arrows not worked in preset browser
3) only one insert fx at a time
4) i can't edit parameters (f.e. cutoff) for all layers (no LINK button)
5) GUI is soooo small!!!
6) mod matrix is ok but right click on any parameter and setup it for using in matrix would be better and faster.
7) not many presets in demo version.

Also i want
1) various curve types for mod matrix (not only linear but various exponents).
2) programmable sequencer with 2-4 definable mod parameters (like in DSI synths sequencer).
3) Frequency modulation
4) ring modulation (slider in mixer like in ARP synth..)

blacker

Re: FEATURE REQUEST HERE

Post by blacker » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Actually, I think the preset browsing with up and down arrow keys is host-dependent. It works fine in Logic (9).

Having said that, I'm experiencing a *lot* of crashes with Lush-101 in Logic. Have crash reports to file...
It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

andivax

Post by andivax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm

No crashes here at all!

In cubase 6.5.3 x64 under Windows 7 - arrows in preset broswer is not working.

take a look here for a synths filter comparision!
http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2342

splattimer

Post by splattimer » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:32 am

andivax wrote: 4) i can't edit parameters (f.e. cutoff) for all layers (no LINK button)

6) mod matrix is ok but right click on any parameter and setup it for using in matrix would be better and faster.

1) various curve types for mod matrix (not only linear but various exponents).
I like these requests. Personally I'd also love to see layers able to interact with each other in the mod matrix - it could be real fun to have Layer 1's LFOs modulate different targets in Layer 1,2 and 3 for example. It would also be nice if the arp gate sequence could be extended from 16 up to 32 or even 64 steps - it's just so great that I want more of it!

EDIT - The recently released TAL Juno emulation has a great option on the arp where each step is triggered by notes coming in on MIDI cahnnel 16 - this could be very useful in LuSH for eg syncing the arps to a Nepheton beat.
Last edited by splattimer on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ineedlush101

Post by ineedlush101 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:16 am

1. Is there a way to turn off the "do you want to save this preset dialog" popup so that after I mess with one preset I don't get that dialog box every time I switch to the next preset? Please give us the option to disable this.

2. WHY do your plugins have to show up under" D16 Group Audio Software" in my DAW? Is "Audio Software" really necessary to be in there? Why can't it just be simple and show up under "D16 Group"? It's really long and annoying with "Audio Software" in there too.

geronimo

Post by geronimo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:30 pm

blacker wrote:Actually, I think the preset browsing with up and down arrow keys is host-dependent. It works fine in Logic (9).

Having said that, I'm experiencing a *lot* of crashes with Lush-101 in Logic. Have crash reports to file...
What a big surprise! No crash with demo-version for now since LOGIC 9 or Digital Performer 7.24 under SNOW L2OPARD 10.6.8. _
The Preset browsing withh up and down key don't work with Digital Performer 7 ...
MacPro 2 X 2,66 Ghz & G5 BiPro 2 X 2,3 Ghz _ LOGIC 8 _ Digital Performer 7.02 _

splattimer

Post by splattimer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm totally in love with this synth so I hope you'll excuse me a few more ideas (imagination running wild!)-

1 - Linking layers. How about a 'link' button in each section (filters, envelopes etc). When turned on it would link that section to the next layer so that, for example, moving Layer 1's cutoff up by 10% would do the same to Layer 2. By linking subsequent layer sections you could daisychain layers together - Layer 1 links to Layer 2 which links to Layer 3 etc. If the arp section is linked then all linked layers would play through the 1st layer's arp then the next layer's arp,..etc..and then loop back around to the 1st one.

2 - Voice Group - as well as the mono/polyphony options how about a 'group' option. When selected the layer becomes mono and effectively acts as one voice of a polyphonic synth - polyphony is equal to the number of layers assigned to group mode. Say Layers 1,2 and 3 are selected - playing a 3 note chord would mean Layer 1 plays the low note, Layer 2 the middle note and Layer 3 the high note. If playing a legato lead line, Layer 1 would play the first note, Layer 2 the second etc. Tweaking variations in each layer could produce some excellent results.
:D

F.A.D.

Post by F.A.D. » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Reasons I did not buy the release:

- GUI is way to small, the smaller fonts are near to unreadable. I don't need the keyboard, without the keyboard you could make it twice as big.
- It is too CPU demanding, I just made a SuperSaw Patch with just one Layer and two voices in Unisono, no effects on the LuSH and no effects on the Chanel in Logic and the LusH is set to normal quality: I can't play a three note chord on a mac pro !!! It maxes out one of the cores but I can play 10 instances of Sylenth1 with effects without problem.

I'd love to buy this synth because it sounds really great but the reasons mentioned above are a no go for me.

Best regards!

maggie66

Post by maggie66 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:19 pm

At first, a very nice sounding Synth.

I hope for Multicore-Support and a larger GUI in one of the next versions.

ineedlush101

Post by ineedlush101 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 pm

ineedlush101 wrote:1. Is there a way to turn off the "do you want to save this preset dialog" popup so that after I mess with one preset I don't get that dialog box every time I switch to the next preset? Please give us the option to disable this.
Trying the new demo, and noticed that you made some of the requested changes, but this is still annoying. Users can save a preset if they want, but this gets in the way of auditioning sounds. Please consider updating this and including it as an option in the preferences or something?

ineedlush101 wrote: 2. WHY do your plugins have to show up under" D16 Group Audio Software" in my DAW? Is "Audio Software" really necessary to be in there? Why can't it just be simple and show up under "D16 Group"? It's really long and annoying with "Audio Software" in there too.
I'm still looking forward to this adjustment. There are other companies that have done this, for example: Plugin Alliance. Their Vertigo VSC-2 compressor used to show up under "Vertigo Sound", but now they consolidated all of the plugins to show up under "Plugin Alliance" instead of just some plugins under "Plugin Alliance" and various plugins under different developer names. If it's a concern that renaming "D16 Group Audio Software" to "D16 Group" will affect recall of previous sessions, it won't, because I'm sure you know that the host does not look for developer name, just the plugin name. All of my previous sessions with the Vertigo VSC-2 plugin still opens correctly even with the new version that shows up under "Plugin Alliance". So again, please consider this. It was annoying for Plugin Alliance's plugins to show up under all different author names, they listened and now it's fixed, but it's also annoying to have "Audio Software" extending the plugin menu really far... simple is better, less is more. Please consider making this quick update for your plugins. Thank you!

joechip

Post by joechip » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:19 am

First of all, really really great sounding synth and I am definitely purchasing this soon. From a 15-year owner of a 101, this is remarkable work.

I can't seem to get the copy function on timbres to work correctly. The synth settings copy to different layers, but the name of the timbre isn't copied (Win 7 32/lush demo 1.01)

+1 on the GUI changes, it is way too small in places. Also, although it is nice to have most features visible at all times, I'd say the GUI is just a little too busy.

Personally, apart from possibly the chorus on old Junos, I think built-in effects ruin synths and esp in this case for the lush101 as they detract from the sheer quality of the emulation D16 have accomplished.

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 am

What i would like to see:

101 style sequencer
Audio rate LFO speeds =o]
SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . JP-08 . TT-303 . Bass Station . Eurorack Modular . Push

Spiralking

Ableton 64bit

Post by Spiralking » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Hiya,

In the beta 64 or Ableton.

The obvious core problems - The vst sits on one core/thread hitting a 76% on a 3960x

The voices should be unlimited and be able to bring cpu to knees across all cores/threads ;) - (then will open up over time as people upgrade machines)
Free SoundCloud Promotion & EDM Community. http://www.cloudkillers.com

SoulState

Post by SoulState » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Please, please, please, make an option of fast exponential envelopes! (in attack stage) Or something like "punch" control like in Virus Ti.
I think env's in lush is very smooth for some kinds of sounds like snappy basses, spikey stabs, and other fast and dynamic sounds... For now it is hard to make really snappy sound just with one env... Only with two env's on filter it's become more dynamic, but even with two env's on filter it is not enough also :(

stimresp

Post by stimresp » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 pm

I am loving this instrument - it is well designed, easy and fun to use. It also sounds wonderful. Thank you D16!

I've experienced no bugs or glitches, however I do have some feature requests:

- Mod matrix - provide more sources, including the Envelopes and LFO's!
- Mod matrix - allow envs/LFO to modulate each other and themselves. Modulating an envelope decay with the same envelope might provide the snap others are requesting....
- Another envelope or two (or something like a ramp generator) would be a godsend - perhaps little aux envelopes in the mod matrix section?

Keep up the good work!
:)