Nepheton update

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Przemek@d16

Nepheton update

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:23 pm

[EDITED on 6.07.2009]

Nepheton 1.1.2 VST and AU officially released. Downloadable for all
Nepheton's licensees from their User Area accounts (main page).

[/EDITED]

[EDITED on 2.07.2009]

Nepheton 1.1.1 RC5 (VST and AU) has been released and is available in User Area (add-ons tab) for all Nepheton's licensees. Since previous version following changes have been made:

- fixed bug with step editing

[/EDITED]

Nepheton will be updated in few days. You can check the latest build (release candidate - RC4) before official release and send us some feedback if You want. Both VST and AU versions are available in add-ons tab in User Area for registered licensees.

Because upcoming update covers many changes, read the informations below before making the update, please.

ALL DRUMMACHINES UNIFICATION AND UPDATES

Internal sequencer management
- Basic functionality of sequencers is as similar as possible
- Default settings were changed (Int Seq is on, Int Sync is on)
- Host play detection while sync with host was fixed, improved and unified
- Patterns Load/Save usage unified
- Randomizer behavior unified

Output management
- No master output available. All instruments are routed to 1st output by default.
- Routing management unified
- Trigger Output (audio) is present and is routed always to last available output
- Mono/Stereo modes for all audio outputs

Preset management. All drummachines have identical behavior:
- each preset covers whole drumkit
- presets are organized in groups
- preset manager is available
- preset storing behavior (available in options)
- filenaming conventions

Default resources can be defined
- Presets
- Internal patterns
- Midi CC map
- Drum map (for external mode)

Others
- Settings management is unified (Options button)
- Midi learn usage unified
- GUI updates
- Naming midi notes with patterns' names or instruments' names (depending on work mode). This function can be unavailable if host doesn't support it.
- Bugs with parameters automation were fixed
- Midi Outputs for internal seq mode (available in VST only at the moment)

SPECIFIC NEPHETON'S CHANGES

- Number of audio outputs is reduced to 12 (due to some hosts' limitations)
- Draggable tempo display for internal tempo change
- AU beta bugs were fixed
- Part1/2 indication bugs were fixed

COMPATIBILITY ISSUES

For projects created with previous version of Nepheton only:

- Internal patterns content
- Preset bank content
- Midi CC Map settings
- Parameter settings

may be recalled with new version. It highly depends on the host behavior which means that some old projects may not be restored properly or even at all. PLEASE finish Your current critical projects with previous version of Nepheton before any update, or at least make the backups of old files.

Thanks,
D16 Team

gazt

Post by gazt » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:38 pm

yeeeaaaaaah!

teacue

Post by teacue » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Hurrah!
I have just quickly tried to send Midi out to several Drums VST and it seems to work very nicely!
Thousands thanks (and more) for this feature :D

I see that Nithomat has also Midi Out.
I am thinking of buying it just for the fun of the sequencer!

Best regards

galex

Post by galex » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:17 pm

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
pc and mac(core2duo 3.2),4g. ram,motu 828,access virus b,speak e spell(midi ),novation Zero sl,emu xboard 49,event tr8 xl,logic studio 9,ableton 8,d16 bundle,waves,many soft synth and effect..

emef

Post by emef » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:53 am

i just installed the nepheton and drumazon rc's
very nice updates
and its great and funny to use the new midi out to control synthesizers

matt

Post by matt » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:15 pm

reducing the number of audio outputs to 12 seems like a step backward. you have 17 different sounds but now I can only use 12 at a time if I want individual control over them. even if I assign the conga's to the same output and the toms to the same output, there still isn't enough outs for the rest.
you state that this is due to host limitations, well if the host doesn't support it then that is the host's problem, you shouldn't have to restrict the host's that do support more than 12 outs.

Puranon

Post by Puranon » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:12 pm

The way Speedsoft Vsampler 2 and 3 dynamically handles VSTI Outputs is a perfect example of how Drumazon and Nepheton should be.

This link is to the Vsampler3 demo
http://www.maz-sound.com/downloads/vs3/vsampler352.exe

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:24 am

Hi,

It was lesser evil. If Nepheton would have been working fine with 17 outputs with all hosts, we even hadn't thought about that.

Best regards,
Sebastian

matt

Post by matt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:24 pm

okay fair enough.
How about providing a two separate builds, one with 12 out's, the other with 17.
I suppose it isn't that much of a problem because I can still use the previous version. Or could I use mono out's, would that work?
NI's Battery provide 32 stereo out's, they don't have a problem as far as I know.
Does the VST spec limit the number of out's?

Puranon

Post by Puranon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:40 pm

matt wrote:okay fair enough.
How about providing a two separate builds, one with 12 out's, the other with 17.
I suppose it isn't that much of a problem because I can still use the previous version. Or could I use mono out's, would that work?
NI's Battery provide 32 stereo out's, they don't have a problem as far as I know.
Does the VST spec limit the number of out's?
The Vsampler dynamic system would solve everybody's problems

This link is to the Vsampler3 demo
http://www.maz-sound.com/downloads/vs3/vsampler352.exe

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:39 pm

OK, I'll check all these things again and try to give more outputs to Nepheton. We'll keep You posted with this...

Cheers,
Przemek

matt

Post by matt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Thank you, your a gentleman.
No worries if you can't, I understand that you have to provide stability for all host's.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Hey,

We're going to check the hint with vsampler :)

As far as I know Battery can support UP to 32 channels, it means You can configure how many channels do You want to use. But it's kinda risky, because if You made project with 8 outputs for example, and then for some reason change to 10 outputs. The older projects can stop to load. Battery stores settings globally.

Best regards,
Sebastian

matt

Post by matt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 pm

I've just checked battery, it actually only supports 16 stereo outs (32 mono), so sorry for previous comment. I checked the Vsampler homepage and that only supports 16 stereo outs as well, so it looks like that maybe the limit.
ah well, no problem.
If I need individual outs for each sound I could just add another instance of Nepheton, so Its not a show stopper.
Thanks for giving your time anyway.

Puranon

Post by Puranon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:24 pm

matt wrote:I've just checked battery, it actually only supports 16 stereo outs (32 mono), so sorry for previous comment. I checked the Vsampler homepage and that only supports 16 stereo outs as well, so it looks like that maybe the limit.
ah well, no problem.
If I need individual outs for each sound I could just add another instance of Nepheton, so Its not a show stopper.
Thanks for giving your time anyway.
16 outputs is the Vsampler limit because, they made it the limit. Couldn't d16 decide their own limit?

I like the idea of having 1 stereo master and the other mono outputs subtracted from the Master. This is exactly how the 808 works which doesn't force you to process all instruments individually when you're using multiple outputs.