Creating notes ? Help

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
303onacid

Creating notes ? Help

Post by 303onacid » Fri May 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi All,
Im new to Phoscyon and trying it now..but when i learn it will be perfect for my music

Now im asking some questions .Before sorry for my little english.

Normally im using my hardware to create acid lines with access virus ti .

But this Phoscyon is very good to give more acid sounds for my music.

1-Im using Cubase sx3

2-First i install an empty bank from this forum http://www.d16.pl/pub/misc/empty.ph

3-I open Phoscyon in Cubase and create Phoscyon .Load empty bank,after i go to piano roll and click a C4 note

4-C-4,C#4,D-4,D#4 and all notes are playing same note !

5-After use my midi keyboard and it gives same .

How can i create the notes for Phoscyon to give when i play on midi keyboard C-4 to give C-4 play C#4 to give C#4 like it ?

is there any solutions ?

Sorry i cannot understand the manual exactly because of my english :oops:

Thanks ..

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi,

Probably You're trying to play with demo version of Phoscyon. "PLAY LIVE" mode, which allows to use Phoscyon as ordinary sound module is disabled in demo.

Demo version makes only possible to use internal sequencer. Midi notes coming from host application to a plug-in only trigger patterns stored in Phoscyon. Since You load empty.ph pattern bank, all the patterns contain a C note set on every step.

Try to set a single note in a looped midi clip (1 bar long). When You press play in Cubase, the single pattern will be played in a loop. Try to experiment with it by setting a note pitch (using a musical-like keyboard on GUI) and GATE, ACCENT, SLIDE attributes.

Best regards,
Sebastian

303onacid

Post by 303onacid » Fri May 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi Sebastian,
Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes it works like your answer when i do like this;

Example:

Set a single note on C4 1 bar and modify notes,accent,gate on Phoscyon
Set a single note on C5 1 bar and set other melody from Phoscyon
Yes it works ! i can do it just put a single note on Cubase piano roll but not on my midi keyboard :(

What i want ?
I want to play a melody from my midi keyboard like when i press C4 gives C4,press C#4 gives C#4 liKe it .. Is it possible ?

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Fri May 08, 2009 3:15 pm

that's just what he said, it's not possible in the demo to go in "external mode". (so that it's controlled by a midi controller.
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

303onacid

Post by 303onacid » Sat May 09, 2009 9:46 am

Yes indeed,

Let me ask;

is there a bank with C1 to C8 with note ? not only C note .

Because when i make a C4 or D4,D#4 or else line on Cubase piano roll its always plays the same note on C4 .

Any bank to C1 to C8 full with note ?

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Sat May 09, 2009 1:13 pm

it's the effect of only being able to play the internal sequencer, it plays sequences instead of notes. NOw, I don't have phoscyon myself, but it's the same with the drumcomputers.
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be