Phoscyon in AU for Mac OS 10.5.6

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
SecretHero

Phoscyon in AU for Mac OS 10.5.6

Post by SecretHero » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:36 am

I ve been waiting for AU version of Phoscyon.
Any news when that will be avaiable?

If there is no plan for AU version, is there a middle layer that I can use for UB and get it working with my Logic Pro 8?

Thanks!

Mitch

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi,

On Chiristmas we've released a beta version of Phoscyon AU, but it's very feature limited, in fact it allows You to use it as a sound module only - without an internal sequencer or arpeggiator (PlayLive mode is permanent). This beta is available for all customer who own a VST version. We're now working on second revision of Phoscyon AU beta with almost all features of VST and simultaneosly on Drumazon AU beta.

The only possiblity of running VST UB under Logic Pro and taking all benefits of internal sequencer and all Phoscyon's features is to try out the FXPansion VST=>AU wrapper, but it doesn't work with Phoscyon in all cases, that's why we encourage to try the demo of that wrapper with demo of Phoscyon.

Best regards,
Sebastian

SecretHero

Post by SecretHero » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,

On Chiristmas we've released a beta version of Phoscyon AU, but it's very feature limited, in fact it allows You to use it as a sound module only - without an internal sequencer or arpeggiator (PlayLive mode is permanent). This beta is available for all customer who own a VST version. We're now working on second revision of Phoscyon AU beta with almost all features of VST and simultaneosly on Drumazon AU beta.

The only possiblity of running VST UB under Logic Pro and taking all benefits of internal sequencer and all Phoscyon's features is to try out the FXPansion VST=>AU wrapper, but it doesn't work with Phoscyon in all cases, that's why we encourage to try the demo of that wrapper with demo of Phoscyon.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Great thanks...I guess I am going to have to wait for the official release.

Any estimate on release date?

Thanks again!

Mitch

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:09 am

Hi,

Unfortunately there's no estimated date, to many dependencies, because among the others we're also preparing Drumazon AU, finishing Nepheton AU. They share huge part of common source code, which needs to be rebuild and refined to fulfil needs of AU platform, and we're still tuning it up.

Best regards,
Sebastian

synth3tik

Post by synth3tik » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Sebastian, I do appreciate how you try and get to everyone's concerns with the AU versions. I myself am one of the rather frustrated people. I have also been trying to use the contact email and my emails get rejected as spam.

Anyway. For me personally 2 years is enough time to wait. I made my discussion earlier today that I will not go forth with my plans on purchasing any D16 plug-ins. I just wont wait anymore. After 2 years one feels like maybe D16 is not trying as hard as they say.

Thanks, and sorry.

SecretHero

Post by SecretHero » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:49 am

Any updates fellas?

Its been a while and no new news.

DBM

Post by DBM » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:05 am

yes I bought this during the group buy and the group buy advertised all plugins as AU and VST . So i was disappointed to find out that no there was no au version , but seen you had released a beta so I though ; well just a matter of time . However I think I have been beyond patient enough .

So um .... where's it at guys ?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 am

Hi,

As in the thread above :) It'll be Jan 2010

best regards,
Sebastian

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

I'd love to see in that update all planned features you were making public in this forum: different skins, tune knob, shuffle, link to midi controllers and better sound emulation (the most important for me). Maybe they're too much for a simple update though ;)

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:47 pm

For the skinning option You must unfrtunatelly wait :/
This feature will be added at the lowest level of our plugins, so every plugin will have this feature at a time.
Tuning knob is already fixed (+-24 halftones), shuffle is added, midi learn is exact as drum machines - works fine.
...better sound emulation - i've improved accent envelope and famous WOW is now more natural - multiple accents rises cutoff and then it drops down slightly. Also the accents with less reso sounds now more TUWW ;)
I want to change oscillators within upcoming updates and tune a little the filter - i'm dreaming about finally the end of searching for ideal 303 plugin :)
Plugins sound master

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:07 pm

Jacek@d16 wrote:...better sound emulation - i've improved accent envelope and famous WOW is now more natural - multiple accents rises cutoff and then it drops down slightly. Also the accents with less reso sounds now more TUWW ;)
Please don't use those accurate descriptions!! I'm drooling over my t-shirt! :P Thanks you Jacek :)

DBM

Post by DBM » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Jacek@d16 wrote:For the skinning option You must unfrtunatelly wait :/
This feature will be added at the lowest level of our plugins, so every plugin will have this feature at a time.
Tuning knob is already fixed (+-24 halftones), shuffle is added, midi learn is exact as drum machines - works fine.
...better sound emulation - i've improved accent envelope and famous WOW is now more natural - multiple accents rises cutoff and then it drops down slightly. Also the accents with less reso sounds now more TUWW ;)
I want to change oscillators within upcoming updates and tune a little the filter - i'm dreaming about finally the end of searching for ideal 303 plugin :)
I can't imagine better sounding ? To me it truly sounds like hardware now .

As far as skinning ... do you mean different preset skins to choose from ie: sh101itor or user genarated skins ?

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:44 pm

I mean user generated skins. This feature will be added to each plugin separately.
Plugins sound master

DBM

Post by DBM » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 pm

kwel

SecretHero

Post by SecretHero » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:53 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,

As in the thread above :) It'll be Jan 2010

best regards,
Sebastian
Thats awesome news.

thanks again.