D16 group need to chage copy protection of all your produts

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
husak

D16 group need to chage copy protection of all your produts

Post by husak » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:54 am

hello i´m very sad :cry:

becose if i do a bitorrent search on google ,and i see all your products warized .

why don´t change your copy protection , becose i like exclusivity of plugin i pay and your team lost a loot of money .

now you go to release news AU OSX version of your plugins ,do right copy protection an you win

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 am

Hi,

The choosing protection method is a compromise between costs, protection efficiency and customer's comfort. The only proctection at the moment, which guarantees it won't be broken is syncrosoft. However we know customers who are forced to use it complain about it. Every company has its own USB dongle, and that makes You to use usb hub or something else attached to Your computer set.

The other methods of protection only gives a product few days more, that's all.

Making our products protected by syncrosoft, we'd had to raise prices up because of that.

We take an example of companies such as Apple or Cakewalk, they protect their product only with serials.

It's just a matter of people who use the products, if they apprieciate work we put in making our plug-ins, they show it by purchasing them. And we thank You for that guys.

Best regards,
Sebastian

browndwarf

Post by browndwarf » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:55 pm

I speak from my own experience...what d16 does makes me respect and support them even more because they trust their users to do the right thing.
brown dwarf:
http://www.inwardgaze.com/browndwarf/

ostiknostis

Post by ostiknostis » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Absolutely. I would even go as far to say that I would have not ended up purchasing D16 plugs without the hasslefree authorization setup, a big bonus IMHO.

When I play gigs I already have a FW400 interface and a FW800 external drive running. Putting a dongle on top of that.. huh, I guess I could somehow manage but it'd be a real pain.

For fixed studio DAW's, it's not a problem using USB-hubs and the like for the zillion dongles out there.. but for compact portable gig machines it's a no-no.

husak

Post by husak » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:37 pm

me too i buy if i like the plugin like i do ,becose the creator need the money to continued developing and to be hones this is the most real recreation of TB and TR -´s
:wink:

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:13 pm

I wouldn't mind syncrosoft dongle protection, i'd just throw it on my eiosis one (like i have nexus 2).

IMO the complaining is 90% bandwagon jumping and 10% real probs.
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

gazt

Post by gazt » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:53 pm

The plugins are so good so I buy them, and recommend all others to buy them as well

Niel909

Post by Niel909 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:45 am

Syncrosoft dongle protection is already hacked bij H2O I heard.

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:56 am

Hi,

I bought SilverLine because it was cheap and it hasn't any copy protection. I won't buy anything with challenge/response or dongle or that need internet conections - I'm selling Tone2 stuff due to that "copy protection" that is damaging my host and PC strengh.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi,

If believe to the rumors, the new syncrosoft protection has been cracked but not H2O did this. As I say, there're rumors! :)

EDIT: Investing in a protection method, making it yet more sophisticated, again and again and so on... , it is a pointless struggle.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Custa

Post by Custa » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Good quality products and support is the best copy protection. I am more than happy to financially support reasonable people.
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive

Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

Pac

Post by Pac » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:13 am

The software is already priced so cheap that it doesn't make any sense to hack it I think. There will always be *some* lowlifes that never use anything genuine but there is no way to reach them with common sense. I think it would be a big headache for many (including me) to being forced to use some nonsense and breakable dongle device.

gazt

Post by gazt » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:18 pm

liquid..I agree..I´m not so interested in buying something with more syncrosoft dongles.
dongles might be good as copy protection but they suck big time when you travel a lot with your equipment.

thedustroom

Post by thedustroom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:53 am

gazt wrote:liquid..I agree..I´m not so interested in buying something with more syncrosoft dongles.
dongles might be good as copy protection but they suck big time when you travel a lot with your equipment.
That's so true; the last thing you need is to get to a gig and find you've forgotten your dongle or encounter the typical last minute USB device not recognised issues :roll:

What goes around comes around though; I admit to have used a few "borrowed" applications in the past but that's what got me into music making and now I own all of my software and support the developers that have created it.

So; if it wasn't for the Warez scene companies would not have me as a client now and there must be many more people like me out there - see my point?
Paul "Dust" Massey

quantize

Post by quantize » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Stick to the same model you have..just as the Audio Damage guys are doing ...your licenses and prices are very fair..

There will always be thieves...lead by example! anyone who has any self respect will in turn respect you.