TIP AND TRICK = use reaktor's MONOLINER as sequencer

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
intrepidtraveller

TIP AND TRICK = use reaktor's MONOLINER as sequencer

Post by intrepidtraveller » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:07 pm

for those of you out there that have both the phoscyon and reaktor i'd really suggest trying out reaktor's monoliner sequencer with the d16 plug-in.

i've been on d16 for a while to include a shuffle feature on their internal sequencer but i couldn't wait any longer. monoliner has shuffle, but it also has some really nice randomization tools as well.

i'm using it in live on a mac. make sure you use the VST version of reaktor as the AU version does not send MIDI out. launch both monoliner in one MIDI track and phoscyon in another. in the drop down MIDI routing menu for phoscyon MIDI FROM, select REAKTOR and then REAKTOR again in the submenu. phoscyon should be receiving MIDI from reaktor. the monoliner sequencer is a lot like a 303 sequencer anyway, so the results are perfectly suited for 303 style leads and basslines. plus you get some killer randomization features and, of course, the swing feature which i've been begging for:)

intrepid traveller: out.