'Ciruit bending' editions of Drumazon & Nepheton?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
ostiknostis

'Ciruit bending' editions of Drumazon & Nepheton?

Post by ostiknostis » Fri May 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi,

sorry, not sure if this is the right place to post a request (can ops move to appropriate area etc?):

Would it be possible to have 'circuit bending' editions of the plugs? I mean that one could, for example, affect the underpinning, currently 'fixed' osc parameters for the various noise generators etc?

(or do you already have a 'debug' version that enables changing the fixed values? ;)

Most critique I've seen about certain sounds of dumazon/nepheton would be made void if there was more 'hidden' settings to tweak on the hi-hats (noise freqs?), for example..

Presets could still ignore these tweaks (so wouldn't have to change preset format at all) and you could always reset hidden 'tweaks' to factory config somehow..

What you think? possible? ;)

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Sure it is possible, but...
we've already added new "exended" controls to almost every instrument.

It is very hard to judge which parameter should be "editable". In each instrument there are many many constants and math functions. We've tweaked them very carefully to reach as good as possible simulation result.
Do You think it is really good idea? :)
The problem is that such "tweaking" is like "parapsychic visions". You don't know what to tweak and what to expect - it's not a modular synthesizer. The constants goes deeper than any "amount" or "frequency" control. It is really not so simple...

Regards,
Jacek
Plugins sound master

ostiknostis

Post by ostiknostis » Fri May 30, 2008 9:05 pm

I don't expect the parameters to have any correlation with anything too specific (not looking for a modular synth), just some odd X Y Z parameters to 'bend' the sound sources slightly.

And if the controls would be hard to use sensibly, well, that's what the reset function would be for

Signifier

Post by Signifier » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:28 pm

I love the Digitalfishphones plugins - they had hidden 'circuit bending' tweaks on the user interface... Perhaps they are worth a look at?
These sort of things really add character :)

The joy of VST technology is making your own 'circuit-bent' sounds using your other plugs alongside the d16 ones!

Make this reality :)

Post by 0085 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 am

Yeah. This sounds dope. All you need to do is make the connections between modules flexible so you can alter the routing.

i understand that you have a mixture of different signals but its definitely worth a shot.

Good thing about virtual stuff is that you can really destroy it, only your speakers.

This could be rectified by overload limiting anyway.

Cant see a problem if the signals are "analogue"

Good Luck 8)