New user - help needed

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
bumpty

New user - help needed

Post by bumpty » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi,

I am having serious trouble using Nepheton. I run cubase but can not understand how to record my patterns. I want to be able to have for example a 16 bar loop. first four bars a kick drum. then bring in other elements like you can with redrum on reason. When i click record in cubase it records nothing...? The manual does not make sense to me. Can anybody lay out in steps what i need to do.

Thanks In advance!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Hello

Default work mode of Nepheton is INT.SEQ (internal sequencer), that means a plug-in acts as a sound module and sequencer, so pressing RECORD button in host application has no influence on. There're three basic working modes:

- internal sequencer (INT.SEQ led is on)
- host mode (when You turn on additionally HOST MODE), host application sends midi notes, that trigger internal patterns
- external mode (INT.SEQ led is off), Nepheton acts like a sound module only, in that mode RECORD button in host application will work, and midi mapping is comatible with General midi.

Here's a section in manual concerning playing modes of Nepheton http://www.d16.pl/index.php?menu=166.

If You want to work with internal sequencer, there's detailed explanation how to edit drum lines : http://www.d16.pl/index.php?menu=168.

To edit pattern in internal mode just press PATT.WRITE key. and LEDs at the bottom are responsible for switching between instruments:

Best regards,
Sebastian[/img]

bumpty

Post by bumpty » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:28 pm

How do i get the pattern down as midi notes once i am happy, like with reason you can transfer from redrum into the sequencer...

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi,

It's not possible, at least ATM, we're going to add a midi export option in a future update. If You'd like to be able to take benefits of internal sequencing and building songs within external host. Try out HOST MODE. When You load Nepheton to the host and turn on the HOST MODE led and it'll be switched on. Now single midi note on piano roll triggers 16 step pattern in internal sequencer. Press the FOLLOW button, it'll cause that internal sequencer will be set to the actually playing pattern. You may build on the song with editing more patterns and triggering them from the piano roll of external sequencer.

Best regards,
Sebastian

BLooD

bump... has this been updated yet?

Post by BLooD » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:17 am

I've been looking for a way to record the seq patterns from Nepheton into my Host Prog, has there been any progress re the Midi Export option yet? I just bought Nepheton and like programming beat s into it like a Drum Machine rather than using it as a sound module... I have other sampling progs for that method already. I sure would like to be able to use it as a Drum Machine.... Please? Thanks.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:06 am

Hi,

Next update will be released with Midi Out, which can be used to transfer patterns from internal sequencer to piano roll. Direct midi clip export using drag'n'drop behavior is planned for the 2.x version.

Release date of update containing midi ouput mainly depends on release of AU version, because those two things will be released simultaneously.

best regards,
Sebastian

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:32 am

Excellent! :D