Starting To Feel A Little Used Here...

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
matt@postpro.org

Starting To Feel A Little Used Here...

Post by matt@postpro.org » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:34 pm

So far I've had Nepheton and Drumazon for 6 months and I still have not been able to use them. I have tried using the VST to RTAS adapter, but the plugs crash my ProTools HD rigs almost immediately every time. So that's a no go. No AU support still so my Logic Pro rig is a no go. And I have had no response from the developers to get their plugs running on Receptors. I've gotten the guys at Muse Research to agree to do the ports for the d16 programmers, but no response from d16. All the Muse Research guys need is an NFR version to write the code to and we will all be cooking on Receptors, but, that's still a negative. Basically I spent $300 for plugs that still aren't able to function on three separate platforms.

So what's the policy for selling these plugs to someone who might actually be able to use them?

Matt @ Post Pro

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:45 pm

The answer to the same post is here: http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3602#3602

Cheers,
Przemek

matt@postpro.org

Post by matt@postpro.org » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Use the contact name and email I gave you at Muse Research. He was expecting to hear from you, but said no one ever contacted them. As I said, you will have to supply them with an NFR version. Not too much to ask...

Thanks

Matt @ Post Pro

Custa

Re: Starting To Feel A Little Used Here...

Post by Custa » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:43 am

matt@postpro.org wrote:So far I've had Nepheton and Drumazon for 6 months
Matt @ Post Pro
Well for me it has been 18 months since I first invested, waiting for AU still. But I do look at it as an investment.
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive

Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

dnl.neu

Re: Starting To Feel A Little Used Here...

Post by dnl.neu » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:10 pm

matt@postpro.org wrote:So far I've had Nepheton and Drumazon for 6 months and I still have not been able to use them. I have tried using the VST to RTAS adapter, but the plugs crash my ProTools HD rigs almost immediately every time. So that's a no go. No AU support still so my Logic Pro rig is a no go.
I exactly feel the same way. I bought Nepheton just when it was released and hoped that the first updates would fix the problems with the VST-to-RTAS conversion. But the 1.0.5 version still crashes my Pro Tools LE 7.3 system every time and as mentioned before, I also can't use Nepheton in Logic, because there's no AU yet. This is really sad because it sounds absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to work with it!!!

So how long do we have to wait for a VST-version which can be converted to RTAS properly / for a true RTAS-version / for an AU-version?

D16 Group, please hurry up with these!!! :-)

matt@postpro.org

Still...

Post by matt@postpro.org » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:42 am

Well... The guys at Muse Research are sending you emails because I am having them :cc me as well. Are you having trouble receiving their emails?

Is there a "specific" email address you would like them to use to contact you? Your contact at Muse Research is Bryan. You can send email directly to him: bryan@museresearch.com Or you can tell me what address you would like for him to use and I will call him with the info.

All they are asking for is an "NFR" version of the software in order to write their "wrapper" application. For those that do not know, "NFR" means "Not For Resale". Basically a free copy. In exchange for the free copy, they will port your software to the Receptor platform for you AND promote your product as far as you are willing to go. Your contact at Muse Research is Bryan. You can send email directly to him: bryan@museresearch.com

If it helps, I will BUY them a copy of your software in order to get these programs operational.

In for a penny, in for a pound at this point.

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:18 pm

Sorry for late reply.

All the things with Receptor compatibility are on good way. We've
sent all NFRs to Muse and now we're waiting for reports how it
works.

And yes, I know about Bryan from Muse - we have a contact :) They
have also some busy period so we need to wait some time.

I will keep you posted how the things are if any news are coming.

Cheers
Przemek

matt@postpro.org

Great!!!

Post by matt@postpro.org » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:16 am

Glad to hear it! I'll probably be chatting with Bryan at the end of the week about some other projects so I'll poke him a few times regarding the port.

On a side bar, if you can work it out so that they include a 30 day demo of your software on the Receptor it will definitely improve your bottom line. From personal experience I've paid for several plugs on the Receptor just because they were there and were fun. Musicians, like junkies, like to get the first taste for free and then you're hooked. :-)