AU disapointment

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
headz

AU disapointment

Post by headz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:23 pm

I've bought drumazon and nepheton in june/july. while knowing its VST on purchase date for a while, some pre purchase research was leading to expect AU support in near future or at least working with them via wrapped AU from FXpansion VST2AU wrapper in meanwhile.

so far we get told AU is in progress but don't see a public beta or any shedule - there is still no way to use the machines reliable in LogicPro and definitely not in logicstudio 8.

galex

Hi,hi,hi,hi,hi,hi,hi.....

Post by galex » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:21 am

Hi,
I have the bundle, dont work with logic for 7.2.2 on apple g5 ppc...
how much time still!!! :evil:
pc and mac(core2duo 3.2),4g. ram,motu 828,access virus b,speak e spell(midi ),novation Zero sl,emu xboard 49,event tr8 xl,logic studio 9,ableton 8,d16 bundle,waves,many soft synth and effect..

xms

Post by xms » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:55 am

I second that.

Can this post be a sticky ?

:roll:

xms

Post by xms » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:56 am

And you just joined in june. Look at my timestamp? Februari !

Custa

Post by Custa » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:22 am

xms wrote:And you just joined in june. Look at my timestamp? Februari !
And I been waiting since last year, I bought both drum plugs when they were pre-release, so it's been a LONG time waiting for AU support.
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive

Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

macha

Post by macha » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:09 pm

I have Drumazon and Nepheton working like a breeze in Logic 8!
Solution? NI Kore. hosts vsts within Logic 8 and Numerology .
Awaiting my Kore 2 update in few days :D

headz

Post by headz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 pm

macha wrote:I have Drumazon and Nepheton working like a breeze in Logic 8!
Solution? NI Kore. hosts vsts within Logic 8 and Numerology .
Awaiting my Kore 2 update in few days :D
Yeah but with NI Kore you'll have another problem implemented in your setup that one wouldn't have just to use the D16 machines. I've tested Kore deeply and it has so many structured problems i was happy i didn't spend a dollar for it.

xms

Post by xms » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:10 pm

I have listed my license for sale on the public board..

http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1113

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:21 pm

I'm really sorry, but I can't do anything about it. Whole story within rewriting plugins to the AU version isn't so simple as some people think.

The plugins as they were written as VST couldn't be adapted to the AU straight. We had to make our own internal standart and transparent wrappers for different platforms. ATM we wrote our processing CORE (it includes standarization for further projects, namely RTAS etc). The latest update of Nepheton is, among the others, the prooving ground for our CORE standard and VST wrapper.

When we released first our plugin at that time we haven't planned to release AU version, now we're paying the price for that - the time we have to sacrifice for this.

The last thing, that among the other companies we don't (won't) take an extra fee for AU version.

Please, take it into the consideration. From my side I want to apologize for this all people who have been waiting for AU.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

headz

Post by headz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:30 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:I'm really sorry, but I can't do anything about it. Whole story within rewriting plugins to the AU version isn't so simple as some people think.

The plugins as they were written as VST couldn't be adapted to the AU straight. We had to make our own internal standart and transparent wrappers for different platforms. ATM we wrote our processing CORE (it includes standarization for further projects, namely RTAS etc). The latest update of Nepheton is, among the others, the prooving ground for our CORE standard and VST wrapper.

When we released first our plugin at that time we haven't planned to release AU version, now we're paying the price for that - the time we have to sacrifice for this.

The last thing, that among the other companies we don't (won't) take an extra fee for AU version.

Please, take it into the consideration. From my side I want to apologize for this all people who have been waiting for AU.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Hi sebastian,
thanks for your words. I'm involved in plug-in creation process as well and know the overhead of work required for multiplatform/multiformat - my critic goes into direction that you have advertised something (AU support) you weren't be able to fulfill within a user friendly timeline.

having already paid because of this announcement for something I don't currently use as AU is the main format for many mac peepz but like to use (otherwise I wouldn't have purchased) brings even the loyal kids to riot against this behavior....

convoythecat

Post by convoythecat » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:56 am

http://www.spectralhead.com/

if these guys beat d16 to au, d16 should have to replace thier audio demos with polka for a few months
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/openchallenge/smallicon160d16.jpg[/img]

networkacid

Post by networkacid » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:41 am

convoythecat wrote:http://www.spectralhead.com/

if these guys beat d16 to au, d16 should have to replace thier audio demos with polka for a few months
I had a quick listen to their demos, ALL OF THEM are overdriven! Distorted 303 is easy to replicate, but does that VSTi do any good at dry, unaffected, squelchy acid house type 303? Who knows! Only Phoscyon to my ears can do that.

I, too, am waiting for the AU versions. Thank you d16 for even trying to do that for me and I hope you can do it as quickly as you can, but don't tear your hair out or cut corners because of pressure! I can wait for a good product :)

convoythecat

Post by convoythecat » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:24 am

i only pointed out spectralhead because they are still pc only with no announced plans for a mac version.

the demo clips are limited. the few short instances that the resonance is turned up sounded a little odd to me. there were a few things i liked though. like the accent/slide interaction. it's pretty good at that urgent kronk! sound.

crap, i have that old acid track stuck in my head now.

kronk doodoo kronk doodoo kronk doodoo kronk doodoo
1.......2..........3........4..........1.......2..........3........4......... (repeat forever)
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/openchallenge/smallicon160d16.jpg[/img]