where is the NP manual?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
intrepidtraveller

where is the NP manual?

Post by intrepidtraveller » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:14 am

trying to figure out the RAND function...

g.

See_Clear

Post by See_Clear » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:56 am

Hi...

"Here is my favorite of the things that Nepheton does that a real 808 won't. The Random function. Oh glorious random! Go into pattern write mode by clicking PATT.WRITE and put a kick drum on the 1, 5, 9, 13. Next, highlight a few other drum sounds at once by holding down the Apple Key while you select them. Now hit the RAND. button and then click NEXT. You are hearing a random pattern made up of the drums you selected. But oh the lovely programmers in Poland give you more! Click NEXT again and guess what? You have another random beat. You can cycle using PREV and NEXT and pick the one you like then when your ready hit the white INTRO SET button to confirm. Brilliant!"

http://www.d16.pl/index.php?menu=163#horrorist
See_Clear

intrepidtraveller

Post by intrepidtraveller » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:56 pm

yeah... i was reading that.

i figured it out based on his explanation.

thanks!

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:09 pm

We're working on first version of manual. It'll be available online first but next we want to update all manuals to dual (online and pdf) versions.

Cheers,
Przemek

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:15 pm

See_Clear wrote:"Here is my favorite of the things that Nepheton does that a real 808 won't. The Random function. Oh glorious random! Go into pattern write mode by clicking PATT.WRITE and put a kick drum on the 1, 5, 9, 13. Next, highlight a few other drum sounds at once by holding down the Apple Key while you select them. Now hit the RAND. button and then click NEXT.

It is worth to mention here that after pressing Next and before you Accept or Undo what you got you can tweak the frequency/density of the randomized steps. It can be done with the Levels knobs on randomized tracks (they blinks when they're in that mode). The changes are made dynamically what you can hear and see (on the steps buttons).
You are hearing a random pattern made up of the drums you selected. But oh the lovely programmers in Poland give you more! Click NEXT again and guess what? You have another random beat. You can cycle using PREV and NEXT and pick the one you like then when your ready hit the white INTRO SET button to confirm. Brilliant!
Cheers,
Przemek

See_Clear

Post by See_Clear » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:25 pm

Oh nice! I would have never figured that out on my own... very cool!!!!
See_Clear