Logic 5.5.1

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
blacker

Logic 5.5.1

Post by blacker » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:06 am

OK, I know it's old and out of date, but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway...

Nepheton doesn't work in Logic 5.5.1 (PC). It crashes immediately when you try to open it after displaying a message that says something to the effect of "36 outputs detected, Logic only allows 32" or something like that. I can get around it by running it inside EnergyXT VST, but you know, if you can make it work with Logic 5.5.1 that would be swell... :lol:

Also, neither Nepheton or Drumazon show up in Logic 5.5.1 as multi-instruments in the drop down menu, only as stereo instruments. Again, I can use the EnergyXT workaround, but I thought I'd point this out since I use plenty of modern VSTis in Logic with multi-out version with no problems (i.e., Spectrasonics Stylus RMX, Kontakt, Battery, etc.)

I'm buying a new Mac soon to switch to Logic 7 (8 hopefully!) so I guess this will be a moot point at that time, but as I said, perhaps it's good for you to know...

Details:

P4 3.4GHz, 2GB RAM, MOTU 2408MKII interface, AMT-8 MIDI interface, Windows XP SP2.

Cheers.
It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:17 pm

Yes, we know about it but Logic 5.5.1 (PC) is quite old host (with some bugs too) and we can't provide full compatibility with it I afraid. The onlt way is jumping to newer versions of Logic (Mac only :( ) and when AU versions became available there will be no problems with this.

Cheers,
Przemek