Chaining pattern? Loading XML?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
teacue

Chaining pattern? Loading XML?

Post by teacue » Thu May 31, 2007 9:50 am

Hello,

though I am aware Nepheton is in Beta mode and a Manual will come soon I would be glad about a few explanations.
With the help of a TR-808 manual I could understand patterns, basic variations and Intro/Fill in.
But I am completely lost about chaining the patterns :-(

Also I am not able to load any XML file.
I suppose it should work as some members have uploaded some XML source.

Thanks for the nice work :)

hteah

Post by hteah » Thu May 31, 2007 1:52 pm

yes, i would love to know how the segments and variations work...
"Every pattern has 4 segments - part 1/2 and variation A/B. Every segment consists of 16 steps."
also the auto fill in knob is great but i cant get it to use any pattern but #13. i cant wait to figure this stuff out! a quick simple explination would do.
thanx
h
stop please

teacue

Post by teacue » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:52 am

Bump and another question:

Is pattern triggering through Midi notes implemented in this beta version?
I cant find the proper way to set Nepheton for this kind of triggering.
I love Nepheton every day more and more :) and would be happy to be able to use it in a song.

Best regards

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:11 am

@teacue:
Yes it's implemented - turn on HOST MODE
Then You have separate set of 96 patterns (8 octaves with 12 notes)

@hteah:
For fillins and intros You can use only the pattrens #13,14,15 and 16
Every time You press START (in play mode) two leds are on - the first shows current pattern (1-12) and the second current intro/fillin (13-16).
You can switch them durring play.
You can also use the Basic Variation and Intro/Fillin switch to decide which variation You want to hear A or B and analogically Intro or Fillin.
Setting "AB" means that first will be played variation A and then B then A then...
Part 1 and 2 is something like pattern length extension. You cannot play Part2 without Part1, but You can play Part1 (with length of 16) and then Part2 (with length 8 as a "chain" for example).
Nepheton hasn't such chain mode as in Drumazon, but You can always compose Your rhythms with HOST MODE :)
For live playing AB variations and auto-measures or even manual (triggered by TAP button) is quite enough

Hope it helps,
Jacek
Plugins sound master

woodster

Post by woodster » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:44 pm

I do love Nepheton and all your other products, but we do need documentation with them when they are released.
More and more devs are shipping products without any manuals at all now, which is a bit wrong if you ask me.
But I would rather you were busy programming more amazing beat boxes etc, rather than writing boring manuals, but somebody has to do it.
It doesn't matter how much I think I know about something, at some point there is more than likely a moment when a manual would really help avoid some aimless head scratching.

teacue

Post by teacue » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:42 pm

Jacek@d16 wrote:@teacue:
Yes it's implemented - turn on HOST MODE
Then You have separate set of 96 patterns (8 octaves with 12 notes)
OK thanks, I had already found these Patterns, but did not really understand how they had to be triggered.
Now it works well.

Two other questions:

1. Is it normal that when you turn Host Mode on, the separate pattern are always in write modus?

2. Is there a way to copy the normal pattern to the host mode pattern?
I tried with save .nep pattern, change .nep to .nsp but it doesnt work

PS.
BTW I found out how to load XML files.
The XML files must be renamed to .nep or whatever kind of file you want to load.

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:10 am

1. Yes, because You don't need PLAY MODE
2. Turn into normal mode with WRITE MODE. Select all instruments and press copy. Then turn to HOST MODE and press paste.
Plugins sound master

teacue

Post by teacue » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:46 am

Jacek@d16 wrote:2. Turn into normal mode with WRITE MODE. Select all instruments and press copy. Then turn to HOST MODE and press paste.
Ooh! Nice, it works very well.
Also copying and pasting the first or second part.
Thanks a lot :)

Still one question:
Am I right assuming that the alternate patterns (simple pattern) are only maximal 16 steps long and cannot have a part A1, A2, B1 and B2 like the extended patterns?

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:11 pm

Yes, You're right, but i think it's not a problem while here is 96 patterns to use ;)
Plugins sound master

teacue

Post by teacue » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Jacek@d16 wrote:... but i think it's not a problem while here is 96 patterns to use ;)
Yes indeed.
Thanks for your answer :)