Favorite TB-303 Waveform?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions

What is your favorite TB-303 Waveform?

Sawtooth
27%
Square
73%
Other / non-standard
No votes

Total votes: 11

V1dM4573r

Favorite TB-303 Waveform?

Post by V1dM4573r » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:03 pm

If you were abandoned on a deserted island with a (solar powered) TB-303 that had a defective waveform button, what position would you wish it was stuck in?

I like the punch in a square wave (no resonance), and I also think square wave sounds more harsh and computerized than saw when it's on full resonance and full distortion. However, I love how a saw wave can sound more human, especially when using carefully placed pitch slides.

I've played around with the Audio In -> Internal Filter function on some 303 clones, but never to produce satisfying results. I've never experimented with any MIDI send effects, self oscillation or other crazy stuff.

What do you prefer?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:37 pm

I definately prefer Square, but thats because i use Phoscyon often with it.
For saw, another waveform that i really like, not just at an 303, i use the ABL 2.

tguzzardo

Post by tguzzardo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:43 pm

The square has the pointy lines from the saw on a 303. but what i love about the square is when you slightly distort it, cutoff+res all the way down, with deep bass notes then a + or a ++ to it. sounds great!