So whats up with the images being censored ??

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
dimme3

So whats up with the images being censored ??

Post by dimme3 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:33 pm

I notice the images from drumazon & nepheton are censored,
whats the story behind it??
:roll:

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:41 pm

oh no :(.... I hope they dont take that farther to the sound as well...
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

Shy

Post by Shy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:05 pm

It just simply means a lawyer of a certain company sent some ridiculously phrased letter to d16 that would probably be summed in normal human language like "You can't use those looks for your products, it looks way too much like my client's products which were discontinued ages ago and never revived again, but hey, it's my job to threaten you with intellectual property claims, now do as I say or I'll have to take you to court but I really hope I don't have to do that, even though it would bring me even more money."

The latest version of Drumazon no longer has that look, but one that I personally find nicer, and a new version of Drumazon will have GUI skinning support that will satisfy everyone (except a lawyer who wouldn't bother threatning to sue a third party GUI skinner).

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:44 pm

well that new one has too much heinz ketchup color into it :P
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

Acidhead

Post by Acidhead » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:55 pm

Shy wrote:It just simply means a lawyer of a certain company sent some ridiculously phrased letter to d16 that would probably be summed in normal human language [...]
Well spoken. See for proof of the facts that (1) lawyers are nor human (nor machines) but a species sui generis; and (2) that they speak a language different from human beings, the following proof:
The creative commons license (cc) consists of three versions:
- 1 human readable :D
- 2 machine readable (the tags for a search engine like Google: http://www.google.com/support/bin/answe ... swer=29508) 8)
- 3 lawyer readable :?

Acidhead

Post by Acidhead » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:56 pm

CosmicD wrote:well that new one has too much heinz ketchup color into it :P
Well I do like the basic design, but I agree that it's too much of one color, good move, but it should be a little more polished, it looks too flat (no perspective like shadows etc.) and text and curves should be better anti-aliased. However understandable because it's probably been a rush job. I guess they will change it when they have time, or let us do it ourselves ...

SStorm

Post by SStorm » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:39 pm

Stuff Roland, the new GUI's are better anyway 8)