drumazon

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
leighbeynon

drumazon

Post by leighbeynon » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:34 pm

HI,
so do you guys think that this drum machine would be able to help me create such style like this ???

http://www.traxsource.com/files/previews/cpr012d-3p.m3u
http://www.traxsource.com/files/previews/cpr008-1p.m3u

leigh
lpb

Patrick_Lindsey

Post by Patrick_Lindsey » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:33 pm

hi leigh.
well ok the kick with external processing and eq's yes..
but the rest.. has nothing to do with 909 ;) 100% just samples and loops.. bcoz there are a lot of shaker samples in those tracks..
but they got some nice audio examples here on the side.. did you check them out ?
but if you check out some old vocal deep house tracks from the early 90's..
you can easily create some tracks with the 909..

cheerz
patrick
www.patricklindsey.de

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:54 pm

Right Patrick... loops, loops and only loops :) for the rythm, but... Phoscyon can do Bassline like in this tracks :D
Plugins sound master

leighbeynon

Post by leighbeynon » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:49 pm

no way it can achieve live sounding basslines ??

yeah i think iw as confused about drumzone, its synthetic,

they should really take the design and make it exactly the same but let you load in your own samples, then you could bounce to midi or audio

that would be amazing, ive read hundreds of posts with people crying out for a stand alone or vst version of reasons redrum,

most people actually have reason just for making beats on the redrum,
ive tried Guru but found it to be over complicated, the lay out of Drumazone is just right if it was sampled based id buy it yesterday !!!!!

leigh
lpb

intrepidtraveller

Post by intrepidtraveller » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:57 pm

"take the design make it exactly the same and let you load your own samples?"

i'm afraid, dear child, you've missed the point SO entirely.

there are a million products out there that do exactly that, both software and cheap hardware. just off the top of my head, impulse in ableton live does that.

you could build one in reaktor in an instant or download this one for free:
http://www.native-instruments.com/index ... tchid=4049

the world does not need another sample based drum machine. it does need DRUMAZON. if you are serious about a sample based drum synthesizer get BATTTERY 3 from native instruments. easy to use.

the WHOLE point to drumazon is that it uses *synthesis* to create percussion sounds (except for the cymbals). more importantly it recreates the 909 synth engine to forge its sounds faithfully, while allowing a much greater range of the 909's synthesis parameters.

you can't acheive good quality 909 sounds by sampling them. period. if you change the pitch of the kick, you are essentially changing the pitch of the sample, which will NEVER sound as good as modifying an algorithm that creates that kick drum sound through synthesis. simple.

also, shouldn't this be in the DRUMAZON foru and not here in phoscyon forum?

intrepid traveller

p.s. redrum in reason can be standalone. open up reason. load in redrum. rewire it to any host. ta-da. standalone redrum.

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:59 pm

intrepidtraveller wrote: the WHOLE point to drumazon is that it uses *synthesis* to create percussion sounds (except for the cymbals).
...and except hats, but only because 909 has it sampled too... That's the only reason (100% truly emulation:))
If 909 had them synthesized Drumazon would have them too...
also, shouldn't this be in the DRUMAZON foru and not here in phoscyon forum?
good point :)

leighbeynon

Post by leighbeynon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:12 am

well fair enough, i just havent found another vst drum machine that has shuffle and other controls over each drum

i have live and impulse is ok but the swing in live itself is crap
thats why im looking for a drum machine that has this built in ,
some thing stand alone that you could bounce down wav loops you make or midi, basicaly like an DR880 drum module but software based
so its more easily affordable

ok 909 great stuff, but you may need a mix of real drum hits and synthetic, sorry thought this product was for me, but guess not
lpb

NTiOzymandias

Post by NTiOzymandias » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:41 am

leighbeynon wrote:well fair enough, i just havent found another vst drum machine that has shuffle and other controls over each drum

i have live and impulse is ok but the swing in live itself is crap
thats why im looking for a drum machine that has this built in ,
some thing stand alone that you could bounce down wav loops you make or midi, basicaly like an DR880 drum module but software based
so its more easily affordable

ok 909 great stuff, but you may need a mix of real drum hits and synthetic, sorry thought this product was for me, but guess not
You just described Ultrabeat in a nutshell. Unfortunately for you, I suspect you're not a Mac user. Furthermore, if it happens that you're not a student, you can't take advantage of the ungodly student discounts (the online store quotes $500, but I got it for $300 through my university).

Also, this is more an issue for me than for you, since you have Live, but you won't be able to use Drumazon or Phoscyon in Logic until the AU versions come out.

leighbeynon

Post by leighbeynon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:15 pm

Ultra beat eh, this is Logics own drum machine ??

this is a real shame, why not cross platform everything, people still want macs for stability, logic would still sell loads on pc and mac,

really dont like apple, i prefer to have a choice what upgrades i have and what make i buy for pc components, shame apple are not like this

so no real VST that compares to Ultra beat ?
lpb

NTiOzymandias

Post by NTiOzymandias » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:21 pm

leighbeynon wrote:this is a real shame, why not cross platform everything, people still want macs for stability, logic would still sell loads on pc and mac
I see your point but I gotta disagree all the same. The secret to Apple's success with selling Macs the past few years is precisely what you're bemoaning; people are buying Macs to use Logic and Final Cut. If it weren't for exclusive "pro apps" like those, Apple would be pretty much dead by now.
so no real VST that compares to Ultra beat ?
Hell if I know, but if you happened to find yourself with a copy of Logic on hand, you'd be all set. That's all I'm saying....

If you need a specific VST, KVR Audio might be a good place to ask for it.

intrepidtraveller

Post by intrepidtraveller » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:32 pm

ultrabeat's interface is unnecessarily complex, aestheticaly displeasing and convoluted in its design. just like all the other logic instruments.

NTiOzymandias

Post by NTiOzymandias » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:15 am

intrepidtraveller wrote:ultrabeat's interface is unnecessarily complex, aestheticaly displeasing and convoluted in its design. just like all the other logic instruments.
I won't argue that it's as easy to use as other drum machines, but I for one think it looks pretty cool. 8)