How to play patterns, ableton 6.05 probs ?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
iknowuknow

How to play patterns, ableton 6.05 probs ?

Post by iknowuknow » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Ok so there is no 'run' function on this like the 303.

I have set a midi clip to play in ableton. I think i read somewhere that you can put in any midi note on to set it playing.

I have switched off the 'follow' function , which i think uses a midi note to select patterns ?

I have read the manual but is very outlined for a novice.

I have it set to internal seq. How do I get it to run a pattern as whatever midi note I put in to the ableton midi clip is heard in the pattern...which makes sense to me.

But! how do I get it to run a preset pattern as originally intended and get the device to run with just the internal seq notes that are in put. Not the one I'm having to put in my external ableton seq to get the thing to run.

Loving the sound...whether it sounds authentic or not is a silly question if you ask me...fact is it sounds great and gives you the same buzz as tb303 fun ;)

Great product but please the manual you provide is a bit rubbish tbh. If you have never used a 303 or a step seq your out of luck with it.

It needs to explain some basics in the 'quickstart' which is a non starter if you are a novice.

Good prouduct, I may buy if I can understand how to get it running with internal notes played and nothing else ;)

Midi learn would sell it a lot better too. I'm a bit confused as to why it hasn't as so many other plugins do?

I guess whats most inportant is the sound and you have done a great job with that, thanks ;)

grumblenoise

Post by grumblenoise » Wed May 09, 2007 10:05 pm

You just need to make sure that the 'Internal Sequencer' button is slid to the left. The MIDI starts from C1 so make a new channel in Ableton double click for a new clip and lay a beat down on C1 and you can then programme your own clips this way.

iknowuknow

Post by iknowuknow » Thu May 10, 2007 3:11 am

Thanks very much for that, I wondred this but could not be sure I was in the right key for original pattern.

Thanks ;)