white noise generator/ LFO?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Pac

white noise generator/ LFO?

Post by Pac » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:39 am

Maybe its possible to add this feature as mixable to the regular VCO...thanks for consideration !

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:15 am

Ok - it's good idea to put white noise generator - like in oldschool PROPHET5 :)
LFO - sure - why not, but it all must wait for PHOSCYON v2.0 ;)

Cheers,
Jacek
Plugins sound master

V1dM4573r

External signal processing

Post by V1dM4573r » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:05 pm

You can already simulate an internal LFO by using automation in your sequencer. Therefore, IMO I don't see a LFO as that necessary, but I can see the benefit if you are to play live.

Noise generators and sub-oscillators definitely rock, but I have another item on my wish list: External signal processing.

Here's a possible way I can vision it to be implemented:

Run Phoscyon as a VST effect. Route a signal to Physcyons input buffer (calibrated to something like 1kHz/1ms). From there, the signal can either be sent directly to the filter - or it can first be pitched as if it were an internal VCO. Oh boy, I'm wetting myself! :shock:

I admit that I have no programming knowledge, so I wonder if it's technically possible, or if it's just wishful thinking.

EDIT: On second thought, you'll probably need a serious low-pass filter on the buffered signal to avoid time window artifacts when downpitching the signal, so it might not have been such a bright idea in the first place... :?