shuffle or swing in the sequencer?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
intrepidtraveller

shuffle or swing in the sequencer?

Post by intrepidtraveller » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:55 am

hi

i just downloaded the demo version of your amazing 303 emulator and i have to say that i am completely blown away. i own a real 303 and your software not only matches the sound of the original but exceeds it in terms of creative possibilities. short of reaktor, i don't think i've ever been as impressed by a software emulation of analogue synthesis. i intend on buying the software by the end of the week! and i also intend on buying drumazon as well (even though i also have a real 909)!

one question though: after playing around with phoscyon in ableton live i don't think there is any way to swing or shuffle the groove of the internal sequencer. is this currently possible? it would make sense since your upcoming 909 emulator seems to have a shuffle feature. right now, i'm exporting the audio files into ableton live and swinging the audio in live, which will never sound as good as an actual shuffle within the phoscyon sequencer.

am i missing something?

any help here would be greatly appreciated!

and once again, congratulations! you should be very proud of your work!

all the best

graham miller / intrepid traveller

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:13 am

HI,

at this moment PHOSCYON can't play shuffle in internal mode, however with full version You can write Your sequences in host's piano roll, so You can also shuffle only midi notes to make PHOSCYON play shuffled (Example no.12 in audio samples at our site)

Best
Jacek
Plugins sound master

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:36 pm

As Jacek said at this time Phoscyon doesn't have Shuffle feature but after we finish Drumazon we are going to make bigger revision of Phoscyon and then Shuffle we'll be definitely added.

Cheers,
Przemek

intrepidtraveller

Post by intrepidtraveller » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:27 pm

that's good to know about being able to use the swing function within the host for now. i think the shuffle feature is really important, especially for such a groovy little synth.

you guys really have a crazy work schedule ahead! first the drumazon, then a bigger revision of the phoscyon and then... the 808 emulator?

:)

anyway, i've just talked about three people into buying phoscyon based on the loops i sent them, so i'm your number one promoter here in toronto:)

keep up the great work!

graham

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:31 pm

intrepidtraveller wrote:that's good to know about being able to use the swing function within the host for now. i think the shuffle feature is really important, especially for such a groovy little synth.

you guys really have a crazy work schedule ahead! first the drumazon, then a bigger revision of the phoscyon and then... the 808 emulator?
patience, patience, patience :)
anyway, i've just talked about three people into buying phoscyon based on the loops i sent them, so i'm your number one promoter here in toronto:)
I can only say 'god job' ;)
We're waiting for orders from Toronto :)

Cheers,
Przemek