ableton tuning reset

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
0231ab

ableton tuning reset

Post by 0231ab » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi guys, I know that people have had this problem before with Logic, but I was just wondering if anyone has had, or knows how to resolve this issue in Ableton. Basically, I change the pitch on the tuning, but when i export the file, and play the wav or mp3, the pitch has been reset. I have no problems until i export the file, the it plays much lower than I need it to.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sebastian@d16

Re: ableton tuning reset

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:04 am

Hi,

Can you tell me what version of Logic do you use and what Mac OS X version?

Thank you,

Cheers,
Sebastian

0231ab

Post by 0231ab » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi Sebastian, sorry for the late reply, I've been moving house and haven't had the internet.

Um...its Ableton Live 8 8.1 im using, and Mac osx version 10.6.8

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:52 am

Hi,

No worries :) I'm glad you found time to reply. Anyway, so far we couldn't reproduce this issue on our machines, so i have several additional questions about the conditions under which the problem seems to occur:

- What plug-in format of Phoscyon do you use in Live: AU or VST? Does it happen in both?
- What version of Phoscyon do you use, since the latest 1.9.5 isn't compatible with OS X 10.6.x anylonger?
- I assume we speak about the Tuning parameter on GUI, did you set its value just using the knob or via automation when the problem occurred?

Cheers,
Sebastian

0231ab

Post by 0231ab » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks again Sebastian,

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is the difference between AU and VST.

My version is 1.8.0, a very old version.

At first, i just turned the tuning up on the dial, after noticing that it always came out on the other end in a lower pitch, i tried doing it with the automation, but it just doesn't stay where i want it. Its very odd, you can hear it in the automation, but it keeps resetting itself, like the pitch slider is constantly trying to return to zero and reset itself.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:47 am

Hi,

There's no difference between AU and VST if comes to using the plug-in, but technologically AU and VST are completely different plug-in formats and an issue may be related one of them only. For example to the way how parameters are handled by both formats; a parameter value's precision and resolution in particular, which can be especially noticeable when automation is used.

However, the quote gave me some idea what the reason of the problem can be in your case:
At first, i just turned the tuning up on the dial, after noticing that it always came out on the other end in a lower pitch, i tried doing it with the automation, but it just doesn't stay where i want it. Its very odd, you can hear it in the automation, but it keeps resetting itself, like the pitch slider is constantly trying to return to zero and reset itself.
Unfortunately the automation doesn't work correctly in Live with older versions of Phoscyon (in fact with all D16 Classic Boxes plug-ins). It's been fixed within new Phoscyon 1.9.5. The problem concerned the way how communication between a host and a plug-in was realized, which was causing Live getting into manual state (automation disabled) when note was coming into a plug-in.

Btw. do you use Phoscyon in Host mode maybe?

Kind regards,
Sebastian