Phoscyon 2.0 feature requests

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
animal

Re: Phoscyon 2.0 feature requests

Post by animal » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I agree partly that the comparison should be between Phoscyon and the TB303 because that is what you are emulating.
But, I'm finding myself prefering the ABL2 sound. It's a lot fuller and I prefer how the slide works.

You guys are always listening to feedback so I'm confident we will be revisiting this debate in the next release.
Trancer Spacey wrote:
Jacek@d16 wrote:Hi.
We-re planing to definitely resolve the ABL/Phoscyon synthesis comparisson within the next major update - that's for sure.
However... you should compare Phoscyon with TB303 - not the ABL. I think that ABL sound is too "round" or "wet" compared to TB303, additionally it has too much resonance and the filters are less stable :)

splattimer

Post by splattimer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:36 am

Jacek@d16 wrote:Hi.

We-re planing to definitely resolve the ABL/Phoscyon synthesis comparison within the next major update - that's for sure.
However... you should compare Phoscyon with TB303 - not the ABL. I think that ABL sound is too "round" or "wet" compared to TB303, additionally it has too much resonance and the filters are less stable :)
I just hope any potential changes in this area come in the form of settings/effects that can be turned off and not permanent alterations to the sound I know and love!

mojses

Post by mojses » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:32 am

Here's a little help
ABL has a more higher level & fatter sounding but not by much
Phoscyon from my hearing sounds like its been compress or limited when playing with the movement of the cut off resonance envmod at hi freq "liquid Acid" or Crystal freqs.
From my knowledge and understanding is that analogue behaves randomly and digital is perfect to square like looking at one piece of art and just seen one color ..so digital most learn to emulate a not so perfect behavior specially at hi freqs...sticky crystal liquid
Please focus on the synthesis engine with no distortion to achieve a more accurate warm sound like the original.
Image comparison. Thank you for the great and hard work D16 TEAM....peace

C1 note playing one step only
both pluging are set at same settings

Owners who have 2 or more tb303 unit say that they don't sound the same so both ABL & Phoscyon are perfect for each other

SAW full resonance

PULSE full resonance

SAW

PULSE

What about original silver knobs... :D

Timbaloo

Post by Timbaloo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 pm

What i'd like to see in an update is PWM for the oscillator. Granted, it's nothing the 303 had and i surely don't want the phoscyon to become the ultra versatily lead synth, but it would widen its range quite a lot without (not exactly knowing how you implemented the oscillator) too much effort.

And no, please no silver knobs :lol:

dflt

Post by dflt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 am

balint wrote:
  • Full MIDI control of every single parameter/button/knob is a must. It's hard to use in live settings without it. (As mentioned in other posts and announced by you guys)
  • Half-tone steps on the tuning knob instead of those weird 0.13 and what not cent steps (whether touched by mouse or controlled with the APC), plus an additional global tuning knob in Hz (default 440 Hz +/–5 Hz) would make sense even if the Shift buttons at last will work in Midi.
  • While the GUI is fun & true to the original, it would be great to be able to switch to a graphic representation of all the steps simultaneously in a matrix, like in a piano-roll, and make every single of the steps toggleable through MIDI – it would make the life of all the APC/Launchpad etc. users out there much easier (and not just those).
i really like those ideas, especially the matrix one.

i posted another idea years ago to improve the stepsequencer:
http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1997
would it be possible to implement a step input recording similiar to the one in logic?(http://documentation.apple.com/en/logic ... tasks=true )

of course not that complex (no chords or different note lenghts).
just hit a key on the midi-keyboard and then the phoscyon stepsequencer records this note and jumps to the next step. so it would be much easier to "compose".
as the full keyboard isn't used some notes could also trigger other events like accent, slide,...
u-he diva is now having this stepsequencing-behaviour.

and please: no silver knobs ;)