Converting Pattern to Midi

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
animal

Converting Pattern to Midi

Post by animal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm trying to convert a Phoscyon pattern to MIDI in Ableton Live.

I created a new midi track and set the input to be the track playing the Phoscyon pattern. I arm the track to record and I start recording. A blank clip is recorded, no notes, although I hear Phoscyon playing just fine.

I switched the input of the track that is recording to another VST and repeat the process. The MIDI clip records without a problem.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to just convert a pattern to MIDI...that would be a lot easier.

Thank you!!!!!!
George

Sebastian@d16

Re: Converting Pattern to Midi

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:45 am

Hi George,

Using midi output is the only way at the moment to export notes from internal seq as midi notes. We're going
to add such functionality in 2.x upgrades (to export by drag'n'drop).

Best regards,
Sebastian

animal

Post by animal » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand your answer. Isn't setting the input of one track to output of another track using MIDI out? I'm still not sure how to do this.

I noticed there was another request for this Nov, 2010. Is there an update coming soon?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:22 am

Hi,

Midi output is supposed to work with internal sequencer turned on (version 1.8). What plug-in format do you use Phoscyon AU or Phoscyon VST?

Best regards,
Sebastian

animal

Post by animal » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:20 pm

VST

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:00 am

Hi,

I've just tested it and works perfectly fine. As you can see on picture above the Phoscyon's midi output
is re-routed to Modartt's Pianoteq. "Midi from" combo boxes have values set to "Phoscyon".

Now to record pattern from Phoscyon you need to switch to "arrangement view" and press record on Live, that's it.

Best regards,
Sebastian