Phoscyon - Windows 7 - Reaper - Hardware Sequencer

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
lumux

Phoscyon - Windows 7 - Reaper - Hardware Sequencer

Post by lumux » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:00 am

First post on this forum...so...'ello

I have just had a go on Phoscyon at friends studio - and it blasts - absolutely killa!!

I run all my gear through a hardware sequncer (MV8800), but gotta change the rules to have this running at my studio. I'm running Reaper on my PC with Windows 7 and can then run this into the MV & vice versa. I can't get the demo version to run tho? I wanted to check compatability / syncing before buying, but as this set up isn't working ( Phoscyon won't load as a vst at all - saying its a Reaper Error at the minute? ) does this mean the full version won't either? I scanned the forum and there is a post saying there's a problem with running 64 bit on Win 7? Is there an update / compatability issue, or is it Reaper? If this has been asked before, apologies..a pointer to the thread would be appreciated : )

I have always used hardware as I'm bit of a numpty when it comes to all the plug ins etc... much easier when all machines are plugged in and you can follow the cables etc, sync and tweak in real time..... having said that these plug ins are the nuts and I wanna use them..... so any help would be sweet! Ta

Sebastian@d16

Re: Phoscyon - Windows 7 - Reaper - Hardware Sequencer

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi,

In fact it's a matter of running Reaper in 64bit or 32bit mode. Our plug-in aren't ready for 64bit.

Demo version you were trying to run and full version is basically the same binary, so if you didn't succeed to run demo version, it's very likely full version won't be working either.

Did you try to run Phoscyon through a JBridge ? It's a third party wrapper that wraps 32bit plug-ins in 64bit environment. I was able to run our plug-ins without bigger glitches.

Best regards,
Sebastian