Few problems with Phoscyon (and Drumazon)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
LiquidProj3ct

Few problems with Phoscyon (and Drumazon)

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Hello,

I'm having two problems with Phoscyon related to host tempo change and Drumazon that I expose here:

http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8850#18850

Maybe Drumazon rendering timming issues could be produced due to the host's latency management issues. Please, when you go back from holidays take a look to that post.

Thanks you

Sebastian@d16

Re: Few problems with Phoscyon (and Drumazon)

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi,

Regarding to tempo issues, this only can happen when you have internal sequencer turned on and when you trying to change tempo in the host during the play, or you have tempo track automated. The biggest problem of VST 2.x is that there's no specification for host application, only for plug-ins (VST SDK). So when other developers (after the Steinberg) started to work on their own host applications they were completely blindfolded, working on application basing only on how plug-in works and plug-in's specification. This caused plenty of incompatibilities between host applications, and forced plug-in developers to make a "cases" in code for each host separately. At this moment, those incompatibilities are less painful, during the time developers have improved their hosts a lot, and there're only few things that can really make issues. One of them is tempo changing when plug-in is synchronized to a host application. Each host's developer has different approach to that issue.

My questions to the issues you're experiencing:
- The tempo problem during the mixdown the Drumazon (with external sequencer), does it happen when you have only Drumazon in project and no other VSTs at all? Because it might be a problem of latency caused by other plug-ins and issues of algorithm that compensates this latency.
- The problem with Phoscyon that stops, does it happen when you use Phoscyon in internal or external sequencer mode? Are there any tempo changing markers on a track?

Best regards,
Sebastian

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks for the explanation Sebastian, I learnt that I must blame to Steingberg now :mrgreen: just joking :)
Sebastian@d16 wrote:- The tempo problem during the mixdown the Drumazon (with external sequencer), does it happen when you have only Drumazon in project and no other VSTs at all? Because it might be a problem of latency caused by other plug-ins and issues of algorithm that compensates this latency.
I tested with 5 Drumazon in ext seq playing RS each beat during 10 minutes (boooring), and all of them seems in perfect sync. In zynewave forums I noticed that other user have similar problems with plugins that have latency, so I think is a host problem.
Sebastian@d16 wrote:- The problem with Phoscyon that stops, does it happen when you use Phoscyon in internal or external sequencer mode? Are there any tempo changing markers on a track?
Trying with 4 Phoscyon instances in internal mode and ext sync and making big tempo changes (from 20 to 250bpm and viceversa) without tempo markers (I always do constant tempo songs) but changing the tempo directly I don't have this problem. But I have another: all Phoscyon seems clueless when I change the tempo in the host, and the host play cursor does a big jump in the time (?), I'll contact to Frits about this.

Trying with 4 Phoscyon instances in ext mode is where I've the problem. I changed the tempo while playing from 120 to 130 and 3 Phoscyon muted their outputs. The only way to solve it is reloading the plugin or waiting a looooong time. It's like Phoscyon were in the "sustain" stage, as if it couldn't know that the midi note reached the end.

Best regards

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:06 am

I've new problems with Phoscyon and Podium (crashing!) that I posted here:

http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8972#18972

Best regards

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:06 am

Hey,

Does it happen only when Phoscyon is playing, or anytime?

Best regards,
Sebastian

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:41 am

The last crashing bug happened when they were stopped. However I cannot reproduce it now, that I've formated after 4 years installing and uninstalling syncrosoft crap/several hosts/lots of vst (and dangerous ones as Tone2 plugins)/etc etc and I did a clean install of everything. Please forget it.

The other problems seems to be host related bug with manual tempo changes, so I think this entirely thread is useless here :wink:

Thanks you for the support

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi,

Wow, lot of installing before you :)

Ah, i don't want even think about it here, we have 3 kinds of dongles (iLok, Syncrosoft and CodeMeter from Propellerheads), besides tons of license managers from third party plug-ins :D

Best regards,
Sebastian