Mono Output Option

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Puranon

Mono Output Option

Post by Puranon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Phoscyon should have a Stereo/Mono Output. Why not just make the menu uniform with Nithonat?

Sebastian@d16

Re: Mono Output Option

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:30 am

Hi,

It's not a problem. We're going to add it to ToDo list.

Thanks

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Does mono option reduce CPU usage? I tried with drumboxes, but they use the same CPU. However SilverLine uses the half of CPU in mono mode. I the CPU usage don't change then any stereo to mono plugin could do the job.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:32 am

Hi,

The explanation for this is very simple. All our instruments (including drum machines and phoscyon) generate monophonic sound, even if output is stereo, both channels (left and rights) emits the same signal. So changing output mode between stereo and mono doesn't affect on CPU usage, because in each case sound is generated monophonically. If we add a stereo/mono flag for options in Phoscyon, it won't affect on CPU usage generated by this plug-in.

In a case of effect the difference between stereo/mono tracks is significant, because we do not know what kind of signal will be processed by a plug-in, so in stereo track we need to process both channels (left and right separately) - each of those two channels can contain different signal at the time. When we switch to mono track we knowingly decide to process only single channel and plug-in's cpu usage will be reduced by 50%.

Best regards,
Sebastian

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:00 pm

I understand, thanks for the explanation :)

Best regards!