1.8 broken in Cubase - weird pattern behaviour

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Fitz

1.8 broken in Cubase - weird pattern behaviour

Post by Fitz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm

OSX 10.5.8 / Cubase 5.1.1

Projects that used Phoscyon 1.6 load up with 1.8 but patterns are broken? Patterns do not change with notes, so for example if I have a track that controls the patterns from 1.6 by simply playing MIDI notes, the patterns do not change with 1.8.

Projects load up with an incorrect pattern (think it might be a default).

Also there is a 'Host Mode' button - unless this is activated I can't turn on 'Auto Follow', and when I do, notes have to be held down for the (wrong) patterns to play.

Have reverted to 1.6 and all seems well.

If we have an upgrade can we keep it compatible with the previous version please? I expect to be able to load up a project and it sound the same as when I saved it.

Sebastian@d16

Re: 1.8 broken in Cubase - weird pattern behaviour

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 am

Hi,

We've changed a lot in Phoscyon. Practically it has been rewritten completely (almost 95% of source code), because it was technologically far behind comparing to the rest of our products. We had to do so to provide compatibility with AU technology + support for Snow Leopard and VST 2.4. We made a detailed description in email notification about the update we sent to all licensees of Phoscyon.

Please read first post in this thread: http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1859

It contains mentioned informations.

Best regards,
Sebastian