1.6->1.8 : can't get it playing continuously /w slide notes

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Antape

1.6->1.8 : can't get it playing continuously /w slide notes

Post by Antape » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi all,

First of all thanks to D16 Group for your really good plugins - they play a main part in my songs for the moment.

However I've a problem with Phoscyon 1.8.

I've began the mix of a song few weeks ago and then can't get my hands back on it because I had a lot of work. Now I've the time I decided to update my software configuration (Nuendo 3 to 4, Devastor 1.0 to 1.2, Phoscyon 1.6 to 1.8 ). The song is composed in Renoise and mixed in Nuendo through Rewire, and I'm working on it in order to get it sound like it did before I change my setup.

Everything seems to be fine, but there's one thing : one of the acid synths plays a melody triggering one non-slide note, and then only slide ones ; when I was 1.6, the sound played continuously, and i didn't need to add a non-slide from time to time in order to keep the synth playing. Now i've updated Phoscyon to 1.8, the sound fade off some seconds after the first note (which is a non-slide one ; 'hope I'm clear :shock: ). The time between the first note and the beginning of the fade off depends on one of the Decay controls (I don't remember which one). Moreover, when I was 1.6, the Attack parameter was set to 0. Anyway when I set it to the maximum value, the sounds fade off in the same way.

So, I don't know if i've been really clear, but : do you think that I can get this synth playing continuously with 1.8 or i should go back to 1.6 before finishing this song ?

Thank you,
Lucas

Sebastian@d16

Re: 1.6->1.8 : can't get it playing continuously /w slide notes

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:49 am

Hi,

Are you sure you were using 1.6 before? (the one with white GUI), because decaying sound after some time of playing sliding notes has been added within this version (it's an original 303's behavior). I generally advise you to finish your project you started with 1.6 version before updating Phoscyon, not only because sound (the engine has been slightly rebuild + quality increased), but because of completely different internal structure and some incompatibilities we've mentioned in this forum (when beta came out) concerning total recall of parameters.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Antape

Re: 1.6->1.8 : can't get it playing continuously /w slide notes

Post by Antape » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm

That's weird because I'm really sure I was using 1.6.

Anyway I've solved the problem by loading Phoscyon 1.6 in Nuendo. This allows me to keep my other acid synths of the song in 1.8 in Renoise (I've spent some time to make them work as i wanted from 1.6 to 1.8 so i don't wan't to re-configure them for the 1.6).

The song goes pretty good now

Bye,
Lucas