bug: Phoscyon 1.8 start/stop button doesn´t work

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
ba662

bug: Phoscyon 1.8 start/stop button doesn´t work

Post by ba662 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Dear D16,

unfortunately the Start/Stop button does not seem to work in Chainer vst host. Is this a known bug? When opening Phoscyon in Chainer the sequencer immediately starts playing a pattern and I can´t stop or restart it. Also it does not seem to be possible to change the internal sequencer speed apart from changing the tempo in chainer itself which is not very comfortable.

>Of course I have read the manual on how to use the new functions<

Any help?

Best
ba662

R.J.dubya

Re: bug: Phoscyon 1.8 start/stop button doesn´t work

Post by R.J.dubya » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:55 am

I have also noticed that the start/stop button does not work using the VST. It does work in Logic with the audio unit version, but the start/stop does nothing as VST in Ableton Live. I'm on a mac with OS10.6.2.

ba662

Post by ba662 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 am

I might add I´m on a PC here, Chainer is PC based only.
The CPU usage is ok on mine, 10-11 % on a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz.

Any help appreciated...

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Almost 90% of code has been replaced in new 1.8 version, so some issues can appear. We're going to investigate this.

Thank you,
Sebastian

R.J.dubya

Post by R.J.dubya » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:49 am

Sorry my bad. I retract my statement. It seems now it's working fine. I think it threw me off that it didn't do anything while the host sequencer was playing. It does start it if the host sequencer is stopped though, which makes sense I suppose. Is the stop button supposed to stop it when the host sequencer is active? Might just be something I should have read in the manual...

ba662

Post by ba662 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:59 am

Well, here it´s still the same - no start/stop control possible in Chainer.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi,
ba662 wrote:Well, here it´s still the same - no start/stop control possible in Chainer.
The problem is Chainer not Phoscyon. When you insert Phoscyon into this host, it starts to play immediately, because
it sends Transport Change Play midi code immediately after it starts, it's quite weird. There should be Start/Stop
buttons in a host application.

Once the Transport Change Play midi code is sent to a Phoscyon, it cannot be stopped or reset using internal Start/Stop
buttons from Phoscyon's GUI, because Phoscyon doesn't know what's host's state (it's not supposed to).

Similar situation is with VSTHost (freeware VST hosting application).

The host shouldn't send automatically transport change code. It should send it on user's demand or not send at all (then you'll
be able to use start/stop buttons from plug-ins' GUI)

Best regards,
Sebastian

ba662

Post by ba662 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,
ba662 wrote:Well, here it´s still the same - no start/stop control possible in Chainer.
The problem is Chainer not Phoscyon. When you insert Phoscyon into this host, it starts to play immediately, because
it sends Transport Change Play midi code immediately after it starts, it's quite weird. There should be Start/Stop
buttons in a host application.

Once the Transport Change Play midi code is sent to a Phoscyon, it cannot be stopped or reset using internal Start/Stop
buttons from Phoscyon's GUI, because Phoscyon doesn't know what's host's state (it's not supposed to).

Similar situation is with VSTHost (freeware VST hosting application).

The host shouldn't send automatically transport change code. It should send it on user's demand or not send at all (then you'll
be able to use start/stop buttons from plug-ins' GUI)

Best regards,
Sebastian
Well, I just tried the ABL Bassline2 Demo and it works just as it should in Chainer. Start/stop is not a problem. Also the tempo can be set internally. I´m no programmer but I think when they can do it you could do it, too ;-)?!? Start/Stop is really a crucial function and Chainer is an easy and very good VST host that I am using for several years. Maybe you can program Phoscyon to completely ignore the 'transport change message' in internal mode by a simple midi filter on it´s input...

Please think about it ;-)

Best
ba662