Phoscyon 1.8.0 beta (AU and VST)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Sebastian@d16

Re: Phoscyon 1.8.0 beta (AU and VST)

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:52 am

Hi,
Ukadan wrote:Hi from France ( excuse me for my bad english ! )
This version is not visible in my Cubase SX2
The oldest version work perfectly with Cubase SX2
I try to update 1.6 to 1.8 and the plugin not show in my window "VST Instrument", after remove 1.8 version and reinstall 1.6 version, it works .
The 1.8 version is listed under "devices" / "plugin - information" .Itry this but it doesn't work :
http://www.d16.pl/index.php?ReadFAQ=1
Cubase is very stubborn host, when it finds error first time and mark the flag "unloadable" once, you won't "convince" Cubase easily to unmark that flag ;)

Try to make a subdirectory in your VSTPLugins directory and move there a Phoscyon.dll (together with Phoscyon.key file).

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 am

Hi,
shaia wrote:Hi I'm on DP 6.03 and logic 8. main problem, the GUI is blank . i tried the tip "lower color value" but it dosen't work...
I assume you didn't put a Phoscyon.component into subdirectory in "components" directory.

It may be something with the user rights to location on your hard drive, try to go to "components" directory on your MacHD, move "Phoscyon.component" on desk top (delete from "components" directory)
and move back to "components" directory.

Best regards,
Sebastian

shaia

Post by shaia » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:39 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,
shaia wrote:Hi I'm on DP 6.03 and logic 8. main problem, the GUI is blank . i tried the tip "lower color value" but it dosen't work...
I assume you didn't put a Phoscyon.component into subdirectory in "components" directory.

It may be something with the user rights to location on your hard drive, try to go to "components" directory on your MacHD, move "Phoscyon.component" on desk top (delete from "components" directory)

Best regards,
Sebastian

Best regards,
Sebastian
Hi,

I tried this option but no, the GUI is alway blank on DP and logic, exept when i use the "desktop" feature of exposé the GUI is visible at is place and opérational... , i also tried with Live8 (demo) it seems work fine.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 am

Hi,

What means "desktop" feature? Changing palette depth of your desktop?

Best regards,
Sebastian

shaia

Post by shaia » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:35 pm

What means "desktop" feature? Changing palette depth of your desktop?

Best regards,
Sebastian

When you press F11 key, the "Desktop" feature of the app exposé moves all windows off the screen, with just the edges of the windows visible at the side of the screen, giving the user clear access to the desktop.
if i use it,the gui window is divided : the "blank" window of the gui move on the edge of the screen but the "visible" gui stay in place and is usable.

Sorry for my poor english...

Best Regards

Ukadan

Post by Ukadan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Sebastian thank you for your response,

But i try : "Try to make a subdirectory in your VSTPLugins directory and move there a Phoscyon.dll (together with Phoscyon.key file).
and it doesn't work.
I try try install it directly in my VSTPLugins directory
I try to install it in a subdirectory in my VSTPLugins directory ( and make the folder known to Cubase by clicking the button "Add" )
I try move it after installation in a subdirectory and directly in VSTPLugins directory
Restart Cubase after each installation ..
Rebooy my computer ! ..

It doesn't work :(
And yes i know that Cubase is very stubborn host" about dll 's VST :|

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:29 am

Hi,
Ukadan wrote:Hi Sebastian thank you for your response,

But i try : "Try to make a subdirectory in your VSTPLugins directory and move there a Phoscyon.dll (together with Phoscyon.key file).
and it doesn't work.
I try try install it directly in my VSTPLugins directory
I try to install it in a subdirectory in my VSTPLugins directory ( and make the folder known to Cubase by clicking the button "Add" )
I try move it after installation in a subdirectory and directly in VSTPLugins directory
Restart Cubase after each installation ..
Rebooy my computer ! ..

It doesn't work :(
And yes i know that Cubase is very stubborn host" about dll 's VST :|
Please go to in main menu to "Devices -> Plugin Information", you should see plug-in information window. Please tell me if you see a Phoscyon 1.8 there, what status it has (unloadable?)?

If there's such an option (I do not remember how it looked like in CubaseSX2 - I have here Cubase 5), click update button.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Ukadan

Post by Ukadan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Sebastian :
Please go to in main menu to "Devices -> Plugin Information", you should see plug-in information window. Please tell me if you see a Phoscyon 1.8 there, what status it has (unloadable?)?
Yes i see Phoscion 1.8 there and the status is unloadable ( orange backround in Cubase SX2 )
If there's such an option (I do not remember how it looked like in CubaseSX2 - I have here Cubase 5), click update button.
Yes i push this button ( Mise à jour ) in the window "Plugin Information" whenever i try to install Phoscion

Ukadan

Post by Ukadan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Following my post above :
There is something strange during the install : sometime the dll file is not copied by the installer !?? Just the manual in PDF is in the directory "D16group"
I have the license for Phoscyon and i try the PC demo of Nepheton and Nithonat and they does not work :(

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 am

Hi,
Ukadan wrote:Following my post above :
There is something strange during the install : sometime the dll file is not copied by the installer !?? Just the manual in PDF is in the directory "D16group"
I have the license for Phoscyon and i try the PC demo of Nepheton and Nithonat and they does not work :(
There's a screen-shot from an installer:

Check out "Phoscyon VST Plugin" directory by clicking it. By default it's set with the value of registry variable's : VSTPlugins, but sometimes it's incorrect and you need
to set it manually for location where your VST Directory really is (using "Browse").

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 am

Hi,
Ukadan wrote:Sebastian :
Yes i see Phoscion 1.8 there and the status is unloadable ( orange backround in Cubase SX2 )
Yes i push this button ( Mise à jour ) in the window "Plugin Information" whenever i try to install Phoscion
There's one more thing that can be the reason. Do you have those two .dll's in your system32 directory?

http://www.d16.pl/pub/files/msvcp71.zip
http://www.d16.pl/pub/files/msvcr71.zip

If not, unzip them and try one more time to load Phoscyon into Cubase.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Ukadan

Post by Ukadan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:04 pm

There's one more thing that can be the reason. Do you have those two .dll's in your system32 directory?
http://www.d16.pl/pub/files/msvcp71.zip
http://www.d16.pl/pub/files/msvcr71.zip
Unfortunatly i have this dll's in my system 32 directory, i try yours but it is the same thing : not loadable
I have a Athlon 3200XP, a friend of me have a Athlon 3000, Nepheton, Nithonat or Phoscion does not work on his or on my computer, the oldest version works .
My friend say : Athlon have problems with SSL instructions, sorry but i don't know what is SSL instructions :oops:

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:37 am

Hi,

And now we know the source of problem, because all recent updates released by us are SSE optimized, it's a special extension (additional instructions) in CPU made by Intel, and
it has been supported by all processors available on market for few years already. AMD added support for SSE instructions, starting with its Athlon XP and Duron (Morgan core)
processors. I can only advise you to go back to older version of Phoscyon or update your machine. I'm sorry.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Ukadan

Post by Ukadan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm

AMD added support for SSE instructions, starting with its Athlon XP and Duron (Morgan core)
processors
My Athlon is a 3200XP ---> ok for SSE instruction and Phoscion 1.8 ??
I can only advise you to ../.. update your machine. I'm sorry
I prefer a phoscion update :) ?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:28 am

I'm not sure what core do you have in your CPU and if it supports SSE.

I'm sorry but we use assembler language for SSE and it's hard to make it compatible with non SSE CPUs, besides
without SSE this plug-in would require twice as much CPU resources.

Best regards,
Sebastian