Change sample rate >>> change the sound!

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Alba

Change sample rate >>> change the sound!

Post by Alba » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:06 pm

Hello,
I'm using Phoscyon with ableton live:when I change the sampling rate of my soundcard from 44.100 to 96.000 I notice a clear difference in the timbre of the bassline...it's like changing some parameter and it definitely sounds different...Could You please give me an explanation? How do I keep the exact same sound (if possible)?

Bye,Alba

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:33 am

Unfortunately current version of Phoscyon isn't ready to operate on a higher sampling frequencies than 44100. It's on our ToDo list and probably it'll be fixed within next update.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Makrophag

Re: Change sample rate >>> change the sound!

Post by Makrophag » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:30 am

As I maybe want to buy the Phoscyon:

Is the issue still present (I have the feeling from the trial version).
Can I change the samplerate to - lets say - 96 kHz (wich has become the standard for most audio interfaces) without affecting the sound of the Synth obiously?

If still not fixed, I recommend to do so... Phoscyon may work fine with 44,1 kHz but its the absolute minimum SR in terms of anti-aliasing and the setting is global for your interface & in your DAW!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 am

Hi,

I was assured by DSP technician that current version Phoscyon works also in 96 kHz, but only full version.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Makrophag

Post by Makrophag » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:49 am

Thanks for your reply.

Your statement is a little bit vague though. I am sure the Plugin will WORK, but will it sound the same as with 44,1 kHz?

Also its a pitty that the trial behaves different. You thought about all the deals you might have lost because of the Phoscyon Trial sounding "cheasy" on higher samplerates? Just my 2 cents.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am

will it sound the same as with 44,1 kHz?
That's what i meant, i asked DSP technician if the DSP code is ready for other sample rates (96khz among them), he said "yes, and full version will sound ok with other sample rates too".

Best regards,
Sebastian