Reaper + PH internal seq

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
daveed66

Reaper + PH internal seq

Post by daveed66 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Downloaded the PH demo and I'm using Reaper 2.5, I read a couple of posts about how to get the internal sequencer running in cubase n ableton, and was wondering if anyone could provide pointers for getting it working in Reaper, I've been playing with it the last day or two without much joy. Happilly programming patterns in the midi editor, but I'm an old rebirth fan and I'd like to use the PH sequencer.

I may be missing something completely here, only recently moved to Reaper having used Reason a lot on a laptop for the last year or two.

Any guidance/suggestions gratefully received.

Dave

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:22 am

1. Run Reaper and add track with Phoscyon
2. Insert empty midi clip
3. Draw a note using pencil (for example C-3) - note triggers pattern.
4. Turn off PLAY LIVE and turn on INT.SEQ
5. When You press play the sequence stored in Phoscyon starts to play.
6. http://www.d16.pl/pub/Manuals/Phoscyon-manual.pdf check out chapter 4.2 (page 9) about editing patterns.

daveed66

Post by daveed66 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Thanks Sebastian, still not functioning, I've done exactly what you suggested..funnily if I hit play again and again I'm stepping through the pattern, its obviously something to do with note on and off...and equally clearly I'm missing something (probably obvious too), I'll keep looking, PH is a bit too tempting to not get it working.

Regards
Dave

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:21 am

Hi,

Does Phoscyon play the pattern? or You dont manage to edit it?

To step thourgh the pattern, to edit it You need to use "PREV. RAND." and "NEXT RAND. FLATTEN" buttons, or just click the LED in a STEP NUMBER LEDs row to choose directly particular step You want to edit.

Thank You and regards,
Sebastian

Spir4L

Post by Spir4L » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:11 am

Hi! I have a similar problem...I've downloaded the Mac demo too and I'm using the last reaper!
I don't understand how to make Phoscyon play a pattern with the internal sequencer. I'm trying your howto and I've some questions:

1. (OK)
What do you intend with this? Are you intending to add a MIDI input on some channel?

There is already a pattern I think I can see C-0 in the vsti

4. (OK)

Pressing Play in reaper is making nothing happen...is there any play in the Phoscyion Layout?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:36 am

Spir4L wrote:Hi! I have a similar problem...I've downloaded the Mac demo too and I'm using the last reaper!
I don't understand how to make Phoscyon play a pattern with the internal sequencer. I'm trying your howto and I've some questions:

1. (OK)
What do you intend with this? Are you intending to add a MIDI input on some channel?

There is already a pattern I think I can see C-0 in the vsti

4. (OK)

Pressing Play in reaper is making nothing happen...is there any play in the Phoscyion Layout?
ad 2. Just a simple midi track controlling Phoscyon with it (triggering patterns requires that).

ad 3. No, there's necessary to draw a note to trigger pattern, patterns are assigned to notes

ad 5. See ad 2. and 3.

Best regards,
Sebastian