VSI to AU Wrapped Phoscyon on Logic 8 bundle

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
TheMooD13

VSI to AU Wrapped Phoscyon on Logic 8 bundle

Post by TheMooD13 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:19 am

Hello everyone.

Just got Phoscyon and FXPansions VST to AU Wrapper.

Love Phoscyon.

I am having some issues with the internal seq./pattern mode or when using play mode with the Arp turned on. At random times a note will drop out or slide or accent. Its not a deal breaker by any means but I would like to hear about others out there who are using the same software setup. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Thanks,
TheMoo

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi,

Wrappers are very tricky, that's why we always recommend to check the demo before. I know the current Phoscyon AU beta is very crippled (we're now assembling fully featured one), but You could try it out - it's in User Area, "add-ons" section.

Best regards,
Sebastian

TheMooD13

Post by TheMooD13 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:51 am

Thank you for the reply Sebastian,

I downloaded the Beta, un-zipped it and put it the same plugin folder for Logic plugins. That was the same place I made a folder for my purchased version of Phoscyon. However, the AU beta does not show up in the list of plugins after I relaunch logic.

I looked for, but was not able to find any instructions or manual for the beta. Could you help me out with that please?

thanks for the response.
TheMooD13

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:09 am

Hi,

The file with beta version is binary, so there shouldn't be a problem with platform compatibility (PPC,Intel). Anyway there could be few reasons, why it doesn't show up.

- Usually Components (AU) are kept in "MacHD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components", do You have there all Your plug-ins? if so, the Phoscyon should go also there.

- After starting a Logic, sometimes it's necessary to run AU Manager to turn on Phoscyon manually on a list - check this on Your Logic please.

And just in case could You tell me on what configuration are You trying to run Phoscyon? (processor family, MacOS version, version of Logic)?

Thank You and regards,
Sebastian

TheMooD13

Post by TheMooD13 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Great.
I was using
MacHD>library>application support>logic>plugin settings.

Your recommended path works.
I can see the AU now.

Is there anything I can do now from my end to help with the AU?
MacPro Quad
Processor 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon
3Gb Ram
OSX version 10.5.6
Logic Pro 8 version 8.0.2

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:50 am

Hi,

This particular beta version is quite feature-limited, practicaly only external (play live) mode works, so Phoscyon acts as a sound module. That's why we're preparing second revision of that beta with working internal sequencer. In a mean time You could check if everything works fine in Phoscyon with Your software, accordingly to the Phoscyon's manual (play live).

Thanks and best regards,
Sebastian