Swing in Phoscyon with Ableton Live

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
bandbajao

Swing in Phoscyon with Ableton Live

Post by bandbajao » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:25 am

I couldn't get my head around getting swing to work correctly in Phosycon in Ableton Live.

In a new Live set, create a 16 step clip, set the swing to say, swing-16. If the global quantize is set to 0, the clip plays correctly. But when you change the global quantize to anything other than zero, the clip just plays the first 1/16 note.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm using it the right way. Help, anyone?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:53 am

Hi,

IF - the ableton allows to make the swinged patterns, it'll work only with Int.Seq. mode turned off (when all notes are on the piano roll). We're going to add a 'shuffle' knob in one of our future updates to give the possibility of creating internally shuffled patterns. Anyway I'll check how the swing works in a Ableton Live, I'm curious myself :)

Cheers,
Sebastian

bandbajao

Post by bandbajao » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:46 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote: IF - the ableton allows to make the swinged patterns, it'll work only with Int.Seq. mode turned off (when all notes are on the piano roll).
I do have Phoscyon using the piano roll (i.e. Int Seq is turned off, Play Live is turned off.)