808! 909! 303! WHAT'S NEXT?!?!?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
convoythecat

Post by convoythecat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:28 am

okoshiyasu wrote:
convoythecat wrote:enough drum machines for now i think.
and why is that ?

a lot more synths than drum machines have been ported to plugins and the success and enthusiasm for products such as nepheton or drumazon shows that there is a demand for vintage drum machines brought to the digital world.

so i can easily say 'enough synths for now i think'...

dont get me wrong, i'd be happy with any kind of synths ported to plugins, but i just think there are already so many companies and developers in that field (arturia, native, etc....).
i know, while i am very over the sound of sample-based drum software and am really glad to see synthesized drums emerging on the market. I think the most recognized machines are done for the time being. the demand for the other machines factored by the emulations even really being recognized by most people in a track makes them sound a little too niche for they're own good.

arturia and native are fine. i bought pro-5 as soon as it came out years ago and i was very excited to try jupiter-8. the end. now what?

i bought daw software to have tons of synths. no two ways around that.
new synths are awsome.

it's also well documented that people dance to sample based drum machines with little to no preference either way.

oxident

Post by oxident » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:08 pm

My vote will go for "SH101" :)

Acidhead

Post by Acidhead » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:44 pm

convoythecat wrote:it's also well documented that people dance to sample based drum machines with little to no preference either way.
I believe you on your word, but I'd be interested to see those documents. :)

janec

Roland VP-330 or Roland SVC-350

Post by janec » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:24 am

I would love to see an emulation of the Roland VP-330 Vocoder Plus or the Roland SVC-350 Vocoder

woodster

Post by woodster » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:54 pm

As nice as the SH101 and TR606 etc are, I think maybe a more sought after rare beast would be good to emulate.
A close approximation of the Roland SH 5 would be an amazing addition to the VSTi world.
As would an accurate, endorsed EMS Synth of some sort.
Buchla maybe?

ah the possibilities

Shy

Post by Shy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:50 pm

SH-101 is one of the most amazing sounding synths of all time and most influential synths in electronic music in the 90s, especially in trance and electronica. Its strength is in its unique sound and not being overly anything. If anyone manages to make an emulation even a mile close to it, I'll get it.

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:21 pm

What about a Jupiter?
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."

db.one

THIS!

Post by db.one » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:07 pm

woodster wrote:As nice as the SH101 and TR606 etc are, I think maybe a more sought after rare beast would be good to emulate.
A close approximation of the Roland SH 5 would be an amazing addition to the VSTi world.
As would an accurate, endorsed EMS Synth of some sort.
Buchla maybe?

ah the possibilities
THIS! SH-5 would be AMAZING. The 101 is a nice little machine but really... bit of a snoozer as a VSTi. There are many things out there that can give you the same sort of sounds.

The SH-5 has SOOOOOOOOOOO much CHARACTER!! A much more worthy endeavour, IMHO.

Shy

Post by Shy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:23 am

As far as I know, SH-101 has much faster envelopes, allowing for percussive sounds, snappy bass and various tight coolness. SH-5 may sound amazing, but is not always as versatile because of that. But it can indeed make some more complex sounds.

engineer_garin

Post by engineer_garin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:25 am

SH-101 without a doubt

mpodrug

Post by mpodrug » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:27 pm

I would like to see Drumazon and Nepheton (other products too) on Creamware(now soniccore) Scope platform. Scope is really outstanding in sound and i would buy every machine from D16 again just to use them inside Scope.

I am not talking about rerouting from VSTi to scope (i am doing this already) i am talking on taking all benfits from scope platform. I am not programer so i dont know what the hell they do to their synths and i dont want to start another flame war so this is "IMO" and IMO there is no VSTi yet to date that can not compare to Minimax, Prodyssey, Modular III etc..Go to ASB site or search for hifiboom site if you like to hear examples from Minimax which is 100% same as in Scope SW version and hear it in action.

I can only dream how drumazon or neph. would sound on that platform. Probably 99,99,99,99% like original..Phoscyon.... like sonic nirvana probably..Not to mention that copy protection is absolutely tight. Same as UAD(license is tied to card serial number) so no warez there....

Puranon

Post by Puranon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:06 am

can you load your Creamware synths as regular VSTI in a VSTI host?

mpodrug

Post by mpodrug » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:14 pm

Yes some of them you can load like VSTi but that way they are using more processing power, they sound different(almost same but not 1to1) then in native scope SFP mode. And some of them you can not load or you can do some tricks to half load them (Modular but unusable in VSTi) etc. Just listen these bells created on Minimax:

http://asb.creamware.com/audio/soft%20bells.mp3

Or this melody created on Prodyssey:

http://hifiboom.webhop.org/Plugins/Prod ... elodic.mp3

Listen that filter 8)

Now only VSTi-s i am using are D16 drum machines because they are absolutely best in VSTi you can find IMO. But converted to scope i believe they can only benefit. SDK is available to anyone AFAIK..

dimme3

Post by dimme3 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:38 am

would love to see d16 do a good emulation of the jupiter 8 or jupiter 4

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:06 pm

mpodrug wrote:Yes some of them you can load like VSTi but that way they are using more processing power, they sound different(almost same but not 1to1) then in native scope SFP mode. And some of them you can not load or you can do some tricks to half load them (Modular but unusable in VSTi) etc. Just listen these bells created on Minimax:

http://asb.creamware.com/audio/soft%20bells.mp3

Or this melody created on Prodyssey:

http://hifiboom.webhop.org/Plugins/Prod ... elodic.mp3

Listen that filter 8)

Now only VSTi-s i am using are D16 drum machines because they are absolutely best in VSTi you can find IMO. But converted to scope i believe they can only benefit. SDK is available to anyone AFAIK..
I really don't understand why the same dsp code should sound better with other platform - "magic" or "special dsp warmth" (SDW)?
I think that if You load the Creamware synths as vst you just get other dsp path - therefore they sound different ;)

I can give You 100% sure that our plugins under Scope will sound exactly the same way as they sounds now.
Plugins sound master