Arturia Jupiter8V

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
spacefunk

Arturia Jupiter8V

Post by spacefunk » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:06 pm

OK, how come that Arturia can make a GUI that looks just like the original
jupiter without getting several lawyers from Roland on their back??

Are there any differences in the copyright between the tb303,tr909/808,
jupiter8?

macha

Post by macha » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:09 pm

and the sound of the jupiter 8v fro arturia does not even come close to the original.
a big disappointment. but i understood that roland approved the gui/name use.

D16 did a way better job than arturia. maybe d16 sould make a nice deal with R.

SIGMA

Re: Arturia Jupiter8V

Post by SIGMA » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:51 am

spacefunk wrote:OK, how come that Arturia can make a GUI that looks just like the original
Its very simple. They was clever enough to talk with Roland BEFORE! Same as they did with Yamaha and Moog Music - and same reason why they didnt a Oberheim-clone because theres no change to getting an OK (from Gibson)

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:54 am

well nothing prevents d16 from ultimately making a deal with roland so the skin can be used after all ? but on a later date...
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

Shy

Post by Shy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:37 pm

Gibson is the smartest of the companies, not letting them hack another lame "emulation" that disgraces the original.

Acidhead

Re: Arturia Jupiter8V

Post by Acidhead » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:19 pm

macha wrote:but i understood that roland approved the gui/name use.
SIGMA wrote:
spacefunk wrote:OK, how come that Arturia can make a GUI that looks just like the original
Its very simple. They was clever enough to talk with Roland BEFORE! Same as they did with Yamaha and Moog Music - and same reason why they didnt a Oberheim-clone because theres no change to getting an OK (from Gibson)
Does anyone have any proof of Arturia having permission from Roland? There is no credits notice / disclaimer to be found anywhere...

semtek

Post by semtek » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:51 pm

Shy wrote:Gibson is the smartest of the companies, not letting them hack another lame "emulation" that disgraces the original.
i really contend with this idea that the j8v is a failure because it fails to emulate the original exactly. there are all kinds of ways in which the sound is very similar and highly recognizable. i don't think that all arturia synths fall into thius category, but i think that the j8v does an admirable job.

KennethA

Post by KennethA » Sun May 27, 2007 11:03 pm

semtek wrote:
Shy wrote:Gibson is the smartest of the companies, not letting them hack another lame "emulation" that disgraces the original.
i really contend with this idea that the j8v is a failure because it fails to emulate the original exactly. there are all kinds of ways in which the sound is very similar and highly recognizable. i don't think that all arturia synths fall into thius category, but i think that the j8v does an admirable job.
I agree. Also the Prophet-5 and not least the Prophet-VS emulation in their Prophet-V is very close to my ears :-)

KennethA

Acidhead

Post by Acidhead » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:23 pm

So where's the proof of Roland's approval, endorsement or anything with regard to Arturia's Jupiter emulation? I haven't seen any yet...