Can D16 design this sounds?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
Nowhk

Can D16 design this sounds?

Post by Nowhk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:41 am

I'd like to understand what kind of plugin I need to make this kind of sound :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBnzVCd ... e=youtu.be

I own Drumaxx, Drumatic, Sytrus, Harmor, and generally the FL Studio Signature Bundle plugins.

But really, I think I miss some common knowledge to make it so harsh.

Can D16 VST help me? Tried with Drumazon, Decimator e Devastor, but I'm far far away to get this low quality/harsh/punchy sounds result. What can I do? Mono? Stereo Separation? Quantization?

Sebastian@d16

Re: Can D16 design this sounds?

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 am

Hi,

I think it's doable with Drumazon + Devastor. Sounds like Drumazon's BD + Devastor with low threshold, higher gain and soft clipping.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:43 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:I think it's doable with Drumazon + Devastor. Sounds like Drumazon's BD + Devastor with low threshold, higher gain and soft clipping.
With higher gain do you mean high PREAMP volume? And soft clipping TANH shape? And no filters?

Honestly I browse all the presets or change randomly the knobs, but getting that sort of low/punchy sounds looks hard :(

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi,

Check out the attachment. I zipped there two presets together (one for Drumazon (i tweaked Kick a little) and the other for Devastor). This is the kind of Devastor's setting i was talking about. However keep in mind that the buzz in clip you've sent comes probably from the hats crashed along with the kick.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Attachments
presets.zip
(944 Bytes) Downloaded 1196 times

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:11 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:However keep in mind that the buzz in clip you've sent comes probably from the hats crashed along with the kick.
This is quite substantial on making that kind of harsh sound I think.
I appreciated the kick you have posted, but in fact that's only the "kick". The most bottom part of the clip is in fact that noise (which can sound nice with the kick you provide).
Do you think they are hats playing together? Or snares? Maybe I miss the whole point on sound design making that "buzz" :O

P.S. really thanks for those presets any way, very kind and much appreciated as support. It is hard to find these people nowdays...

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi,

First of all thank you for kind words.

That's right, i posted only kick + preset for "destroying" it a little, but the harsh buzz you can hear along in the original (i'm almost certain) is mixed together snare or hat sound (something noisy) trashed by single distortion unit.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:25 pm

This is what I can't get: the snare sound that mixed with that kick produce harsh sound. I'll try and try and try, even if it's months I try. Maybe I should change plugins, Drumazon it is not right for this direction...

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Do you use FL Studio? I've made a partial-similar buzz sound... but when the kick starts I'm far away. Maybe you can inspect it and help me? Else, no matter ;)