Searching for a clean sounding pitchshift/delay/feedback vst

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
CosmicD

Searching for a clean sounding pitchshift/delay/feedback vst

Post by CosmicD » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello,

Just asking this because I'm looking for a vst effect that can do pitch shifted delays as well as in the Roland JV series of synths.

Everyone thinks about discord3 but I've always been a bit dissapointed because that pitch algorythm is sounding a bit gritty and nowhere near as clean as the built in roland JV synth effect model.

I liked the way you could really create eerie harmonies with that without it starting to sound too granular when blooming the pitch intervals wide open and making a feedback that took steps of 3rds or even octaves.

Ofcourse if somebody has an idea for something else (Here's hoping that this is in D16's to do list).
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

Sebastian@d16

Re: Searching for a clean sounding pitchshift/delay/feedback vst

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi,

I'm not too familiar with Roland JV series, in the past i used the JD-990 shortly (which is kind of branch to the JV models i guess), but i do not recall this kind of delay while i was using this synth. So basically you're interested in having tap delay with pitching up/down the delay lines, so my question is does the Roland JV had an option of time compensation in pitch shift algorithm in delay lines? So the tempo of the sound passing through the delay line was preserved?

Thank you,

Sebastian

CosmicD

Re: Searching for a clean sounding pitchshift/delay/feedback vst

Post by CosmicD » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:22 am

nope, it was on my jv1080 where you had a feature called pitch shift, and it had a feedback parameter , as well as a course step parameter, so if you would put that on 3 , if you increased feedback it would just rise higher this amount of semitones, and you could also make it move slower but not tempo based I believe.
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be