D16: Please help regarding Redoptor and Bundles!

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
kempainen

D16: Please help regarding Redoptor and Bundles!

Post by kempainen » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi d16!

I just saw Redoptor announced today and think it's an amazingly clean sounding plugin, can't wait to buy it! It should be good both for synth processing and guitars. I'm surprised your promotion material only focuses on its use on guitars since it's such a potent tool for dirtying up synths too!

The question regarding Redoptor is this:
- The website says Redoptor is getting released end of December, and that Preorder will start soon. What my question is: When will it be added to Total Bundle and SilverLine Bundles? I understand that it's a SilverLine plugin so it should be in that bundle but it's not added yet.

My second question is about all these bundles:
- If you have separately bought all, or some, or MOST of the products in a BUNDLE, can you then upgrade to that bundle so you become eligible for the "upgrade offers" that each bundle gives (ie how currently whenever a new product is added to a bundle you get a few % off the price of the new product if you have that bundle)?. Let's say you have 2 of the 3 plugins from SilverLine. Can I then buy the 3rd at the BUNDLE PRICE of THAT PRODUCT (ie 15% off on the MISSING product) and become part of the SilverLine Bundle, so I can get product additions for that bundle at reduced price in the future?

If not, why not? Having bought products separately means we've already paid MORE than the 20-30% reduced prices on the products that a bundle offers. So we should be eligible to "complete the bundle" too.

Let's say I own Nepheton, Fazortan, Drumazon and Phoscyon, I only lack 2 products to the Total Bundle, can I upgrade to it?

Here's to elaborate on that example, this is the full list of Discounts to people who buy the Total Bundle:

Code: Select all

Total Bundle

Product Name, Normal Price, Bundle Price, Discount
Drumazon, 129 Euro, 95 Euro, -26%
Nepheton, 139 Euro, 103 Euro, -25%
Phoscyon, 59 Euro, 43 Euro, -27%
Devastor, 35 Euro, 26 Euro, -25%
Fazortan, 35 Euro, 26 Euro, -25%
Decimort, 35 Euro, 26 Euro, -25%
Total Price: 319 Euro thanks to discounts.
If I've already bought Nepheton, Fazortan, Drumazon and Phoscyon then I've paid the full prices on all those: 139 + 35 + 129 + 59 = 362 Euro. So I've got FOUR products out of the SIX, and I've already paid 362 Euro. The least you can do for such customers would be to offer the remaining products to COMPLETE THE BUNDLE for the bundle price, ie:

Code: Select all

Devastor, 35 Euro, 26 Euro, -25%
Decimort, 35 Euro, 26 Euro, -25%
Or, even if it had to be at FULL PRICE for the REMAINING products (which means buying the missing products separately at normal price), at least let us complete a bundle ONCE WE OWN ALL PRODUCTS FROM IT so we can have the same chance that everyone else does, when it comes to new products added to bundles (the small discount on new products). If you own all 6 products from Total Bundle, having bought them separately, then that would only be fair to count that as owning the bundle since we've already paid more than bundle-buyers. Don't you agree? :D

Those are my two questions regarding when Redoptor is getting added to the bundles, and the possibility of "completing a bundle".

Best regards :)

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi kempainen,

1. The Redoptor will be added to the SilverLine bundle and Total Bundle when the preorder start.

2. Regarding to the bundle completing question we have few rules:

- when the bundle grows up with the new product all users who had complete bundle set before that fact, automatically receive cross-grade offer for the new product with such discount as they bought it in the new bundle.

- the cross grade offer is prepared for the biggest bundle containing the new product which every user own.

- if user don't own all the products from the bundle which is extended with the new product he can always write directly to us with the question about cross grade offer just for him. We always are ready to prepare special offers proportional to the products which every user own.

So to give You some examples let's talk about forthcoming Redoptor...

- If one have all products from Total Bundle he will be able to purchase Redoptor for 26 Eur (instead of 35)

- If one have all products from SilverLine he will be able to purchase Redoptor for 29 Eur (instead of 35)

- If one have any other uncommon combination of our products then he can always write to us and we'll prepare discount just for him :)

So if one want to purchase eg. the SilverLine Collection it's no matter if he waits for Redoptor release or purchase it now and later use the cross-grade ... the price will be the same.

I hope all is more clear now :)

Cheers,
Przemek

kempainen

Post by kempainen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 am

Hi Przemek, thanks for your response!
Przemek@d16 wrote:Hi kempainen,

1. The Redoptor will be added to the SilverLine bundle and Total Bundle when the preorder start.
Ahh, great to hear the news about how this will be done. ;)
Przemek@d16 wrote:2. Regarding to the bundle completing question we have few rules:

- when the bundle grows up with the new product all users who had complete bundle set before that fact, automatically receive cross-grade offer for the new product with such discount as they bought it in the new bundle.

- the cross grade offer is prepared for the biggest bundle containing the new product which every user own.
Oh, so if you own both SilverLine and Total Bundle then you get the bigger (Total Bundle %) discount on the new product. Oh, that wasn't what I meant but that's a cool fact and thanks for explaining it. :)

However I meant something completely different when I was talking about "completing a bundle", I meant having let's say 4 of the 6 products from Total Bundle, and how to become "Total Bundle" to "complete the bundle". I'll rewrite the original question:

Let's say I bought SEPARATELY Nepheton, Fazortan, Drumazon and Phoscyon. With those 4 products in my inventory, I then only need 2 products to have what's contained in the Total Bundle (having all of the products you've released so far). So, by buying the remaining 2 products do I then have the Total Bundle?

I mean, if a loyal customer owns all 6 products from the Total Bundle it shouldn't MATTER if they purchased the bundle (and got every plugin at the same time) or bought all six plugins SEPARATELY (one by one). Therefore, that should make it fair to say that a person having purchased all 6 products from you then has Total Bundle.

The end result is the same: The customer (us) has all 6 products, and you have received payment for them (and those of us here are customers, not pirates :)).

Therefore, wouldn't it be morally right that anyone that owns all your available products and supports you is equal to having "Total Bundle" and having the same rights to the loyalty discount for new products that "Total Bundle" gives?

Maybe this is already how you see things, I tried to find the answer in the FAQ.
;)

I hope my question makes more sense now.
Przemek@d16 wrote:- if user don't own all the products from the bundle which is extended with the new product he can always write directly to us with the question about cross grade offer just for him. We always are ready to prepare special offers proportional to the products which every user own.
That's a very loving offer you have there and this is why I think you're one of the coolest software companies around; your attitude, your mindset and your products rock! :D Ahem... back to topic:
Przemek@d16 wrote:So to give You some examples let's talk about forthcoming Redoptor...

- If one have all products from Total Bundle he will be able to purchase Redoptor for 26 Eur (instead of 35)

- If one have all products from SilverLine he will be able to purchase Redoptor for 29 Eur (instead of 35)

- If one have any other uncommon combination of our products then he can always write to us and we'll prepare discount just for him :)

So if one want to purchase eg. the SilverLine Collection it's no matter if he waits for Redoptor release or purchase it now and later use the cross-grade ... the price will be the same.

I hope all is more clear now :)

Cheers,
Przemek
Thanks, that was what I was wondering about Redoptor release and preorder. ;)

This last bit surprised me:
"- If one have all products from Total Bundle he will be able to purchase Redoptor for 26 Eur (instead of 35)

"

It sounds like you already have the same definition of "having a complete bundle" as what I am asking about. ;) So that being an owner of all the products IN a bundle, you're treated as an owner of that bundle. So that a customer who has bought all of your products, regardless of whether they bought them all at once (using the "Total Bundle" package deal) or bought every product separately, are rightly seen as an owner of "Total Bundle", to use "Total Bundle" as an example?

And now... Can't wait for Redoptor! Great work d16, Sebastian, Jacek and Przemek, your plugins are truly epic! :D Redoptor will make a nice new years present!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:34 am

Hi,

No matter whether customer purchased bundle at once or was collecting plug-ins in a period of time, he deserves for the same discount to update "bundle" - only fact, which plug-ins owns matters.

I hope it dispelled Your all doubts ;)

In special cases You can always write to me at support(AT)d16.pl and I'm sure we can hammer out a compromise.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

gazt

Post by gazt » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:46 am

When is it going to be possible to preorder redoptor?
(I´m a customer since before)
I haven´t recived any mail about it and couldn´t find any info at my user page, have I missed anything?

Now it´s almost in the middle of december and I don´t want to miss the preorder!

:)

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:17 am

Hi,

We're going to start with preorder for Redoptor this week, no worries, You won't miss it, there'll be an email sent for all of You when Redoptor becomes available.

Best regards,
Sebastian