A few questions re the betas

If you need to write about anything else please do it here...
musikmachine

A few questions re the betas

Post by musikmachine » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:31 pm

As the AU versions have been a while coming i thought i'd ask if they were close to being ready. When will drumazon and phoscyon begin beta testing? Should beta testing be relatively short? If nepheton started in july would you expect drumazon to have the same time frame? Do/will they support midi out?

From someone on kvr: Are the betas UB or intel only?

Cheers!

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:08 am

Earth calling d16, come in d16.

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Sorry for silence... We're still here and coding.

I suppose Phosycon AU beta will be available just before XMas whilst Drumazon just after New Year. It's hard to say exactly which features will be included in their first versions but they'll be playable of course :)

Cheers,
Przemek

headz

Post by headz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 am

cool you can publish new stuff frequently but oppose the old stuff you already got cash for....

I start to find your beta policy to "appologize and don't deliver" stinks...
any refund possible after owning the drumazon & nepheton plugs since 01.june 2007 ?

thats amazing 18months now of promising updates from your end, AU was announced at that time not only in your advertising but also in many magazines (Beat, computer music) so I bought right away as support....

Custa

Post by Custa » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:20 pm

Yeah it really is starting to get a little old. I am not one to normally complain but with yet another effect plug being released with AU support but an app I bought over 2 years ago still hasn't been given the same care it's getting a little bit annoying.

There hasn't been an update to the Nepheton beta for a couple of months and absolutely no sign of a Drumazon one. But hey it's not just us AU people that are waiting, there is a growing list of bugs for the VST guys too.

I honestly thought that the "Roland" plugs were the flagship work of d16, now I am not so sure???

Please guys stop work on the effects and get some updates happening for what people were originally here for.
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive

Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

headz

Post by headz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:27 pm

hey custa,
never complained this way so far either. I worked at Steinberg Headquarter when the whole VST idea launched in mid 90ies since then I followed almost every popular plugin vendor on macintosh platform so far - D16 is outstanding in this history unfortunately in a negative way as it faces over last 2years of postponed announcements.
I know about the VST bugs as well so another reason I don't / can't use them inside Live7.

so maybe a refund option would be something they should really consider...even I'd favor to use a working AU version instead.

Custa wrote:Yeah it really is starting to get a little old. I am not one to normally complain but with yet another effect plug being released with AU support but an app I bought over 2 years ago still hasn't been given the same care it's getting a little bit annoying.

There hasn't been an update to the Nepheton beta for a couple of months and absolutely no sign of a Drumazon one. But hey it's not just us AU people that are waiting, there is a growing list of bugs for the VST guys too.

I honestly thought that the "Roland" plugs were the flagship work of d16, now I am not so sure???

Please guys stop work on the effects and get some updates happening for what people were originally here for.