Browser quirks, and possible improvements

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
neverbeeninariot

Browser quirks, and possible improvements

Post by neverbeeninariot » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:07 am

Hi D16,

Thanks for the latest Lush update, a long time overdue but most welcome and it's good to get back to rediscovering a synth that I haven't used for a while : )

I have a few suggestions, and a question about the new browser.

1. The browser cannot read presets from sub-folders.
I have several 3rd party sound banks for L-101 but when the presets are imported they are stored in my user folder. This is pretty messy, and if there are name clashes it means having to rename preset before importing. While I prefer tag based browsers, it would be beneficial to allow users to arrange the files on the hard drive by folder.

2. I appreciate being able to add additional tags and tag-groups, but I think that a) 'Author' and 'Bank' should be included by default as (near) top-level groups, and b) adding new tags and groups could be a little less clunky.

3. The browser window could be a little taller, or expand to fit the available vertical space (keyboard shown or not, etc), if feels a bit cramped.

Finally, a Q. How does a sound designer package a sound bank for distribution, and how would it be kept separate from user presets?

Cheers
nbiar.

Olaf Finkbeiner

Re: Browser quirks, and possible improvements

Post by Olaf Finkbeiner » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:32 pm

Hi there,
Basically just a I agree here...
Especially the size and that it is in front of the synth maybe it could be resizeable ...

Greetings
Olaf

neverbeeninariot

Post by neverbeeninariot » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:08 pm

Hmmm, it is not possible to hide presets in the user folder, this makes importing and tagging presets quite difficult.

Lets say that I want to import a 3rd party bank, so I break it down into chunks to make it manageable. I drag the arps from their folder in to the browser, and tag them as Arpeggio, and also add a custom Author and Bank tag. Nice.

I go to import the basses, and I unselect all filters to hide everything. Problem - the presets from my user folder are still visible in the browser. Is there any way to hide them?

The only ways that I can think of to make this work would be a) to remember the names of the presets from each imported folder, or b) copy in a group of presets, tag them, move them to a temporary folder, refresh the browser, import next group, move... lather, rinse, repeat.... Then finally, move them all back in again when I'm done. Neither of these are very practical or quick to do... :-/

Can you make it possible to hide user presets when there are no filters selected please? For my sanity if for no other reason.

Cheers
nbiar.

alpha604

Post by alpha604 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:20 pm

+1. Also, clicking the heart <3 or Pin currently resets and re-loads the patch. This seems screwed up. It would be so nice if this was changed so the user was...
1) warned before switching patches if the current has been changed, and
2) able to Pin / Favorite a preset without re-loading it

A few times I've been noodling and checking out what a patch can do, maybe I like it and click Favorite - then boom all the controls are reset.