Punchbox VST3

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
riveted

Punchbox VST3

Post by riveted » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:29 am

I have tremendously enjoyed Punchbox for a while now. Probably more than I should have as I made it a critical part of my templates and workflows (as is Sigmund).

Since I have switched platforms (win to Mac) Punchbox is no longer an option for me in VST2 format. As I don't see or expect that to change anytime soon, what would other suggest as a replacement or as close as possible for Punchbox?

zenluiz

Re: Punchbox VST3

Post by zenluiz » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:10 pm

As weird as it may sound, VST2s work "fine" in Apple Silicon native. I too thought they wouldn't, and maybe they really shouldn't (I read somewhere that they shouldn't).

Yesterday Punchbox VST2 got updated to be Apple Silicon native compatible. This is a good step, but it's frustrating (being polite and to say the least) that they didn't migrate to VST3, since VST2 format has been discontinued for quite a long time already. So, it's still a pain since it's risky to use VST2 Punchbox in projects and find out later (soon) that they are not supported anymore.

riveted

Post by riveted » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:41 pm

My hopes were high when I read the email. Then dashed once I installed. :( Soooooo close.

I guess the wait continues on. Using Cubase as my DAW prevents me from using the VST2 unless I go backwards for projects at this point. Now that I have every other plugin I use up and running, this is the last hold out.

At least Sigmund got an update. I upgraded that right away (that was another I used regularly).

riveted

Post by riveted » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:38 pm

YEAH!!!!!!
Going on some tracks today!!!!