PunchBOX sometimes not active

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Sebastian@d16

Re: PunchBOX sometimes not active

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:40 am

HI Henrixon,

I meant if you use fully activated version of PunchBox, because it seems to me the issue you've been experiencing has rather different background from the other cases reported here. Could you PM me and tell me your email address you use at D16 User Area so I could verify your license parameters? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Henrixon

Post by Henrixon » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:35 am

Hi Sebastian!
I bought PunchBox a couple of weeks ago.

Regards
Henrixon
Last edited by Henrixon on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi Henrixon,

Thank you. Btw. you may want re-edit your post and remove email address from there, just to be sure no spam-robot will get it.

To resolve your case we may try something, but before I'd need to know what OS do you use (Windows or Mac OS X)?

Thanks,

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi Teacue,
Though I would like to help you your question is quite difficult to answer because this behaviour seems to happen very randomly.
I just tried to play about 30 mn with PunchBox alone and it did not happen.
I then play further with some other plugins and it did not happen either.

What I can say is that I am almost 99% sure that it occurred with other plugins, because I noticed this behaviour as I was producing some songs and I did use several other plugins.
I also can say that I am almost 99% sure that it did not happen as I tested PunchBox alone, but I did not test the plug alone a very long time!

Best regards
One of our customers reported that in his case occurrence of this issue was dependent on ASIO Guard feature enabled (also Cubase user). You could give this suggestion a go by doing some experiments with different settings of that flag. In case computers I have access to I failed to reproduce this issue (also Cubase user), PunchBox behaving 100% properly under Cubase 8.5 on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.11 (tested on setups I have access to).

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:16 am

Hi guys,

Have to a question to all of you experiencing this issue. We're still investigating the source of the problem and because we aren't able to reproduce it on any of our machines it makes it more difficult, that's why it take so long to fix it (in fact knowing what's causing it is 95% of the job).

Anyway, as some of you reported us that this issue not necessarily have to make the sound being restored after just re-opening plug-ins GUI / window. Some of you told us that in fact whole project has to be reloaded in order to make the PunchBox producing sound again. So here's what we would like to know; if any of you will be able to reproduce this problem the way I described and when the PunchBox' sound goes off despite re-opening GUI, are you able to move it's controls and you receive feedback in a form of values changes being indicated by PunchBox status bar? Is the GUI responsive when sound went off?

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Sebastian

allanmcloud

Post by allanmcloud » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 am

Hi, when it happens with me nothing responds! No sound and no controls.. I have to restart Logic X. It is now becoming a big pain. I really hope you have a solution soon. (OS 10.11.6, Logic Pro x 10.2.4)

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:26 am

Hi,
allanmcloud wrote:Hi, when it happens with me nothing responds! No sound and no controls.. I have to restart Logic X. It is now becoming a big pain. I really hope you have a solution soon. (OS 10.11.6, Logic Pro x 10.2.4)
Thank you for the info. So basically in your case it crashes whole Logic (whole DAW hangs)? Am I right?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

compactus

Post by compactus » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi Sebastian,

When the issue happens, sound is off. Only have to open the GUI of PunchBox to get it back working. Also all knobs are useable then. No need for reload a project.
Cubase 8.5 64bit - Windows 10

Greetz Daniel

allanmcloud

Post by allanmcloud » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:06 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,
allanmcloud wrote:Hi, when it happens with me nothing responds! No sound and no controls.. I have to restart Logic X. It is now becoming a big pain. I really hope you have a solution soon. (OS 10.11.6, Logic Pro x 10.2.4)
Thank you for the info. So basically in your case it crashes whole Logic (whole DAW hangs)? Am I right?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

No, it only crashes punchbox! No sound and controls don't work.. All other plugins work perfect. Is there a solution on its way?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Allanmcloud,

Thank you for clearing this up. At the moment there's no way around to get rid of this problem. We're still investigating it and we're going to release update with bugfix asap. Will keep you posted guys.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Novaliz

Post by Novaliz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:57 am

I have the same problem with Windows 10 and Live 9.6.2. It is such a great plugin but gets very annoying when loosing sound after a period of time. Sometimes 30 min. sometimes more but when you are into making music it disrupts your workflow. I have to save my project and to reopen it. Closing only the plugin doesnt work for me.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi,

I'd like to know that we've prepared hotfix already, right now it's been tested by several customers whose DAWs were affected by this issue. If the tests will go fine official update should be released in few days tops.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Novaliz

Post by Novaliz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:33 pm

I have a short question regarding updates. How do we know when an update for punchbox is out? As far as I can see there is no user account/section on your website. Do you email all customers?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi,

Update will be released in few days tops (right now Release Candidate has been tested by several users). All licensees will receive notification once the update is official and available to download. If you do not own license and only demoing then I drop a line here when version 1.0.2 is published.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:05 am

Hi guys,

The update containing the fix for the disappearing sound issue has just been released (PunchBox v1.0.2).

Kind regards,
Sebastian