Sine/body part tunable?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
BramVB

Sine/body part tunable?

Post by BramVB » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:08 pm

Is the sine generator/ 909/808/606 module perfectly tunable in terms of keys? Or is it random like Drumazone and Nepheton?

Thanks.

Sebastian@d16

Re: Sine/body part tunable?

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:33 am

Hi,

Kick Body can respond to MIDI pitch and generate sound with frequency in respect to incoming MIDI note when Keytrack parameter is set to On. Keep in mind that the resulting frequency depends on base frequency of the sound source (sample's pitch and pitch transposition in a case of samples and oscillations frequency for remaining engines) so you need do some tweaking in the engine to make the resulting frequency agree with real scale and get along with all sounds in your project.

EDIT: Just checked to be certain and there can be a problem with proper tuning of the 808 engine only. As for the remaining engines it's possible to tune them to get proper note coming out (e.g. so when you hit C you get C). We'll think about including additional parameter (frequency offset or something) into 808 engine to make possible to tune it up as well.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Anyon

Re: Sine/body part tunable?

Post by Anyon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:34 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,
EDIT: Just checked to be certain and there can be a problem with proper tuning of the 808 engine only. As for the remaining engines it's possible to tune them to get proper note coming out (e.g. so when you hit C you get C). We'll think about including additional parameter (frequency offset or something) into 808 engine to make possible to tune it up as well.
I registered to this forum to request this exact feature. The number one reason I bought PunchBox was to get pitch/key tracking 808s that are easily customized. I was really surpised when I found that there is no way to actually tune the 808s even though they technically track MIDI. I hope you will add the feature soon. Other than that I love the plugin! Trying to use the sine module for this purpose now.

Thanks!