Recreating presets from Decimort 1

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
florianbl

Recreating presets from Decimort 1

Post by florianbl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi,

I'm using the preset EPS from the Classic Boxes folder in Decimort 1 a lot. In the future, the old Decimort won't work anymore since there is no support for it. I tried recreating this preset in Decimort 2 but couldn't come anywhere close. Is it possible to reproduce any Decimort 1 sound in Decimort 2 or are they too different?

Best,
Florian

Sebastian@d16

Re: Recreating presets from Decimort 1

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 am

Hi,

I'm afraid it's not possible, Decimort 2 features entirely different and re-designed from scratch decimation. It's not only matter of increased number parameters of quantizer in Decimort 2, but the way how it works internally, and it's not possible to reflect in sound the way how Decimort 1's quantizer works in Decimort 2.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

florianbl

Post by florianbl » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 am

Alright. Then I'll have to create a new favourite for myself within Decimort 2. Which is a great sounding plug-in anyhow.

Thank you for the fast reply!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi,

You're welcome. I can only add that you can get closer to the real ESP sound, because in Decimort 2 quantizer better reflects the way how real circuits deal with decimation.

Kind regards,
Sebastian